Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 04-26-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Heroes Episode 19 official thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Command people? wtf. Sylar doesn't have that power, does he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. He got it from the pixie chick that was playing Mohinder. He killed her to escape from Primatech after he tried to kill Claire.

[/ QUOTE ] No? She shot herself in the head so he couldn't get it. Did you see the shocked look on his face when she turned the gun on herself and smiled? If he had that power people would do as he said when he used his weird Eden-like voice, but they don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, but I noticed that they had him use the mind control voice in the last episode like the chick used to. Hmmm, maybe the writers forgot like I did?
Old 04-26-2007, 12:20 PM

I think next weeks episode is going to suck regardless of how much cool stuff may happen in the future. Throw away episodes blow and theres only 5-6 more episodes left to wrap everything up.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:21 PM

Re: The narration.

I'm sure none of us remembered it because of the long break, but, the narration of the previous episode was done by Hiro (just one line, "Previously on Heroes" in Japanese, there's no other narration)

So Mohinder may be off the narration permanently.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Who the hell else would have killed her? It's ridiculous to think there'd be some other killer out there that the writers have just ignored.

[/ QUOTE ]She was terminally ill.

Also, Linderman's power works on people according to what he said.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She was terminally ill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sylar definately kills her. Go back and watch episode 8 if you need to.

Are you saying that Hiro actually did change the timeline (ie: Charlie went to Japan without him) so Sylar didn't kill her? Okay, that's possible.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She was terminally ill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sylar definately kills her. Go back and watch episode 8 if you need to.

Are you saying that Hiro actually did change the timeline (ie: Charlie went to Japan without him) so Sylar didn't kill her? Okay, that's possible.

[/ QUOTE ] No. I think Sylar killed her. The behaviour of the cops after she is dead indicates it. I was just saying if Sylar didn't kill her there wouldn't have to be another killer, since she was terminally ill. And obv. if Sylar didn't kill her, it was because Hiro changed history.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think its a given that he is able to use super hearing and telekinesis together, as that is the only way he could have know where Peter was in the fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

He sent glassing flying in all directions though, which would indicate that he didn't know where Peter was, and was just hoping to hit something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone confirm this? I stream them since im in the UK so cant without going through the entire episode.

I thought he sent the glass specifically at Peter, as in he knew where he was.

[ QUOTE ]
1) Sylar's original power can't kill anyone. The first guy he bashed his head in to 'see how it works'. From there he used those telekenetic powers to do it cleaner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Been like half a year since i saw that episode.

Once the season is through im definately going back and revisiting the old episodes. There is probably a tonne of stuff in there that i didnt see first time round. Especially the early stuff with Peter and black chick's father before he died.

That building is the focal point of the entire season it seems.

Also, just how connected is Peter and Nathans parents? Was their dad gifted? Is their mum?

From what has been theorised in the past if a child is born to two 'special' parents they exhibit their power from a really young age - potentially from birth. Both Peter and Nathan developed their powers late in life so only one of their parents could have a gift, if at all. It is assumed it is their mother - her line "i knew before you both did" indicates some kind of psychic power but it could easily be a red herring.

Also there is an interesting situation with Claire. Primatech works for Lindeman. They want to take Claire into their possession. BUT Mrs Petrelli does not want that to happen. This would indicate that at least she and lindeman have no direct communication over Claire and presumably other issues. OR she is working directly against Lindeman.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:52 PM

All I'm saying is that Hiro says he couldn't save her. She had a huge tumor in her head and Sylar has yet to show that he has this memory ability. I just wouldn't assume that he actually did kill her in the end, though it is possible.

RE the girl that can command people. Didn't Sylar use his telekenis to make her shoot herself? Like he tried to do when we didn't know Sylar (like episode 3 w/ the cop). Also, he has been using that power ever since that episode, I'm pretty sure he has it.

Peters picture looked like Isaac did it to me. I really couldn't tell the difference besides a little paint running. Sylar's was straight up creepy.

I did miss the beginning of the last episode (damn tivo), so Linderman's power seems really cool. And incredibly useful.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A few things I think need to be addressed:

1) Sylar's original power can't kill anyone. The first guy he bashed his head in to 'see how it works'. From there he used those telekenetic powers to do it cleaner.

2) It was never confirmed that the girl w/ super memory died from Sylar after Hiro went back in time. I wouldn't assume that he has that power at all. It's never been mentioned.

3) Sylar CAN use multiple powers at once. Telekenisis + Command people powers are used in conjunction all the time. Peter however, has not been able to do it. My guess is just because of practice. He only knows how to pull powers out 'one at a time'.

4) When Peter painted it was good, why is Sylar's so bad? From the way it was portrayed it should be like a paint by number.

5) Claire/Peter weakness - She wouldn't know that the stick was lodged in her brain, she would only know what happened to Peter.

6) The whole Sylar/Peter/Mohindir fight was absolutely awful and unbelieveable. None of it makes sense. They could have done that so much better

Enough listing, but I can't wait to have confirmation on Peter's mom's power, Linderman's power (I assume he has one too) and Hiro's dad. Also, do you think that they are the first generation (Peter's mom) or there were some before?

[/ QUOTE ]

1)True, he "knows" who has powers and eats their brains for the power (At least in the original version of the idea, they realized it was too creepy for that, so it's left to our imagination)

2)Comic confirmed it a while ago (He flips through a manual and can now drive a semi) and show semi-confirmed it (His mind was wiped, yet he still remembers Claire)

4)Peter's a better painter? His painting wasn't as good as Isaac's either.

5)She said in the episode after she got off the autopsy table to Zach and he said "Maybe it getting in your brain stopped you from healing. Stick goes out, you heal."

6)True

Linderman's is healing others. "Healing one person at a time is not enough."

And Sylar's reverb voice is his evil voice, not Eden's voice. Comic confirmed he didn't get her power and show confirmed it by not showing him use it. "Peter, go to sleep." BRAIINS!