Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: BBV - Careeraments

[ QUOTE ]
doesnt it bother you that your company is evil and ruining india?

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Explain? The ruining India part, not the evil part.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what happened to the "no lame BBV jokes in OOT" rule? Even girls have to follow the rules... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I wasn't trying to make lame jokes. Just happy.

OP is here
Old 02-22-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
doesnt it bother you that your company is evil and ruining india?

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Explain? The ruining India part, not the evil part.

[/ QUOTE ]

oca-Cola is in trouble in India. Ever since the first allegations arose in Kerala, India, of water scarcity and polluted water resulting from its bottling operations, Coca-Cola's public relations department has churned out denials, insisting that the charges are false and that it is the "target of a handful of extremist protesters."

Coca-Cola's global website carries their position on the issue and claims that the "local communities have welcomed our business as a good corporate neighbor."

Nothing could be further from the truth.

It is time for Coca-Cola to seriously examine and address the adverse impacts of its operations in India. In fact, Coca-Cola needs to stop treating the issues in India as a public relations problem and assign it to the appropriate department that will genuinely address the issues of over-exploitation of water (leaving the community with scarce water resources) and pollution of water sources as a result of its operations. Hindustan Coca-Cola and Bharat Coca-Cola are the Indian subsidiaries of Coca-Cola.

P.S. Kids tried to kick out coke in my campus, and passed out this info. They also said that you cant get coke from india to the USA because it doesnt meet minimum FDA approval.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what happened to the "no lame BBV jokes in OOT" rule? Even girls have to follow the rules... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I wasn't trying to make lame jokes. Just happy.

OP is here

[/ QUOTE ]

hopefully i'll bump into u in a elevator sumtime.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:27 PM

FFK,

How about you and I become AIM buddies?

X
Old 02-23-2007, 08:37 AM

As far as the stuff in India goes, I should clarify that the Coca Cola Company owns the rights to the syrup (and it's secret recipe) and handles advertising and marketing. As for bottling and distribution, that is done by separate companies (not "subsidiaries", although Coca Cola Company does own the majority of our stock, not sure about the bottlers in India). This bottling process involves diluting the syrup with water and includes lots of opportunity for quality issues. Optimally, Coca Cola would prefer that this be done by one big company, but at this point there are many bottlers. The advantage for Coke to not handle the bottling and distribution is that it takes a large amount of the debt off their books.

I work for the world's largest bottler of Coke, Coca-Cola Enterprises. We cover the majority of North America and a lot of Europe. This means we have exclusive rights to bottle and distribute our products in these areas. Therefore, the bottler(s) in India may have (and probably did) used different practices from bottlers in other nations. Coke has established strict guidelines for standardizing bottling operations across the world. At this point I don't know how far these have penetrated. So, it could be argued that this "destruction" and "ruination" is the fault of crappy bottling practices in India by Indians, trying to make an easy buck by exploiting the universal love of Coca-Cola's brands. But if emo college kids want a cause to fight for, then go ahead and boycott Coke. Whatever floats your boat.

Anyway, I was unaware of the hysteria regarding mimmicking BBV. My post was not meant to be a "joke" or "lame", just a structure for letting you guys know about my happy news, that I thought some people would be glad to hear. I didn't mean to offend anyone or get preferential treatment. I will never let it happen again.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:09 AM

FFK,

Do you get free Coke?
Old 02-23-2007, 10:22 AM

Moving to BBV
Old 02-23-2007, 10:46 AM

Haha, I was in india when that whole thing was going on. Say bye-bye to 1 billion customers lol, what a disaster.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:47 AM

Yay! FFK for mod.