Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 12:08 PM

Default Re: ON TOPIC???: Potential PokerStars issue

First off, I do not think this website pertains to SNG's. It does not generate any more money for PokerStars if these anamolies happen.

At a CASH game, it creates more action and therefore a higher rake. Now granted, it's in PokerStars best interest to keep alot of players from going bust. They'd rather have 2 players with $10k each play a $1/2 limit game for years as opposed to a $100/200 NL for a few hands.

In a SNG, the rake is obviously already set, and for that matter the game time is nearly set as well since the blind sizes (correlated to time) dictate the length of game time.

If you're still reading my annoying analytical post, I've done all these statistical anaylses myself. For PokerStars, I have 24,790 all-in hands. From those hands, I have been "lucky" by 2,657%. That means that if my JJ beats an AA, I was "lucky" by 81.14% (100-18.86%). Likewise, if my AA loses to JJ, I was "unlucky" by -81.14%. Add these all up and it should come out to zero in a fair game (over a large enough sample size). So basically, I've been a lucky bastard at PS by averaging +0.11% per hand. To put that in laymens terms, I'd have to have my AA lose to 72o 30 times in a row to have my luck be back to "even".

NOW, at PartyPoker, I had roughly 930,000 all-in hands. My overall luck was -1,506,639%. That is -1.62%/hand. In laymens terms, my 72o would have to beat AA 17,082 in a row for my luck to be back to "even".

I know y'all will be skeptical of these numbers, but they are correct. My theory? Well, at PS I've just gotten lucky. At PartyPoker, there are 3 possibilites:
1. PartyPoker, the company, is fixed.
2. An outsider hacked the system and has fixed it
3. An insider at PP has fixed it.

I think option 3 is the most likely. Anyways, reply to this if you've got questions or want to hear more!

-BK
Old 12-29-2006, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suzzer how the hell do you do that?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-29-2006, 12:09 PM

You do realize that your source of panic is coming from a site that links to bots, cheating software, and affiliate links right?
Old 12-29-2006, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that your source of panic is coming from a site that links to bots, cheating software, and affiliate links right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-29-2006, 12:32 PM

You wasted my time
Old 12-29-2006, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You wasted my time

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-29-2006, 01:10 PM

I believe this site to be bunk, but I also think it is naive to blindly trust anyone when this kind of money is involved.

I am sure several player studies have been done, but I have never seen one done well. Just the fact that PS knows people have million of HHs in their PT database is perhaps enough. I can't imagine that the answer would be right in front of our faces and not yet discovered.

Bottom line is reputable poker sites like PS have too much to lose, but no one should ever be trusted on that alone. I am always for a good well run independant player study. (not the independant study they say they have)
Old 12-29-2006, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suzzer how the hell do you do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone who knows how to run a query in PT or PO AND actually gives a crap about this needs to figure it out.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:52 PM

The original post in the zoo should suffice for this discussion.
Closed Thread