Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 11:09 PM

Default 1/2 A9

villain is 19/8/1.5 after 200 hands

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($227.30)</font>
UTG ($75.50)
UTG+1 ($182)
MP1 ($360.90)
MP2 ($203)
MP3 ($158.05)
CO ($300.35)
Button ($185)
SB ($31.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $6</font>, Button calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $28</font>, CO calls $22, Button folds.

Flop: ($63) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($63) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $45</font>, CO calls $45.

River: ($153) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $154.3 (All-In)</font>

anybody play it differently? or is this the standard line?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Re: 1/2 A9

Id be betting the flop...much cheaper.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:19 PM

This is much more believable if you bet the flop.

I don't like it as played. I think there's a good chance he has what you're representing, or if he has JJ he just got there too.

Bet the flop.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:27 PM

If CO has an 8% PFR, let's say he opens up to 10% in the CO. His range is then in the neighborhood of 88+,A9s+,KTs+,QTs+,AJo+,KQo. Vs that range, you have about 36% equity unless you (1) fold him out immediately preflop with this squeeze reraise, or (2) you can expect a lot of help from fold equity on the flop. Unfortunately, I don't think you can rely on (1) too much given that he has position and most of the hands in his range will probably call your reraise to see a flop. And (2), your fold equity would have been higher if you made a continuation bet on the flop. I think you should have fired at the flop.

All things considered, I think folding preflop instead of using A9o to squeeze the CO would have been much better.

However, having reraised preflop and checked the flop, once he checks the flop behind only to call your delayed cb on the turn, then I think he most likely has a pair JJ or lower, or else some draw that he doesn't want to let go even when the board paired (making him think you are less likely to have a Q). So, once your delayed cb gets called, given his likely range of a pair JJ or lower or a draw, I think your river push should get him off his low pairs and missed draws often enough to show a profit. Of course, JJ is consistent with his play, but if he has that it's just bad luck for you.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:32 PM

I don't understand why you don't bet the flop either. Would you ever check the flop with AQ/KK/AA? Checking just makes him think his 66-JJ is good. Obv almost the only way you can win the hand is by pushing river, but I think he's calling with a lot of hands and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has the Q.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:33 PM

Seems pretty spewy all over the place

Preflop sucks imo. You're not really squeezing a loose opener and you have the worst possible hand type to squeeze OOP.

check-bet-shove looks completely FOS. He's never going to put you on Qx, KK, or AA. So hes going to call you infinitely wider than you want to be called.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:36 PM

As played, I would just give up on river.

Flop seems a lot better as Villain is not super aggressive. I assume you bet this flop 80% of the times.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:03 AM

fold preflop, seriously. Bet the flop for $48 as played and then give up mostly. I think firing the river is pure spew.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:55 AM

u need to have a plan for your hands bro...

preflop i dont think is as bad as the rest say, i think u pick it up a lot....id lean towards folding here, but occasionaly id bump it up....... not betting this flop is nasty tho, if your checking this flop u should NOT be rr this pre........this is like the best possible board for u to c bet, and if called id consider double barreling the turn, but not betting this flop, then betting turn when queen pairs, and then shoving river? what are u repping qqqq or jj? U f'ed yourself by not betting this flop, betting the turn is bad cause ace high beats almost any hand that is gonna fold, and your gonna get looked up super light cause u checked flop ( lots of mid pp will look u up...

just give up on the river, the board is unchanged, and bluffing mid stakes donks when the board stays the same and they call turn, and your hand look bluffy......this isnt good
Old 10-27-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
u need to have a plan for your hands bro...

preflop i dont think is as bad as the rest say, i think u pick it up a lot....id lean towards folding here, but occasionaly id bump it up....... not betting this flop is nasty tho, if your checking this flop u should NOT be rr this pre........this is like the best possible board for u to c bet, and if called id consider double barreling the turn, but not betting this flop, then betting turn when queen pairs, and then shoving river? what are u repping qqqq or jj? U f'ed yourself by not betting this flop, betting the turn is bad cause ace high beats almost any hand that is gonna fold, and your gonna get looked up super light cause u checked flop ( lots of mid pp will look u up...

just give up on the river, the board is unchanged, and bluffing mid stakes donks when the board stays the same and they call turn, and your hand look bluffy......this isnt good

[/ QUOTE ]
This is spot-on.