Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2007, 06:47 AM

Default New Party store

Looks like the party store has changed, points can now either buy gift certificates or cash.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:51 AM

Default Re: New Party store

I can only see the GC. What can you do with them?
Old 01-16-2007, 07:06 AM

Currently 1 point = 1 cent. Not a great value compared to their regular VIP promos (3 cents+ per point).

Hope they have more in store than this...
Old 01-16-2007, 07:24 AM

This isn't of course anything to write home about compared to the VIP promo, but compared to the value the points had in the merchandise store, this is pretty decent, even better in some cases.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:37 AM

I was quite satisfied with it since I just got a free 400$ dumped into my account. It would have taken me ages to get enough points for the item I would have purchased with them. Now I can just go to a store and pick something up with that money instead of waiting 6-8 weeks on delivery from partystore.

Now only thing missing is for them to recalculate how points are awarded so that it gets equivalent to a half decent rakeback (20-30 %), and it would once again be my main site to play at.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:12 AM

As stated previously this doesn't seem too bad to me compared to the rubbish I could have bought with the points I have saved.
Has anyone smarter and with more time on their hands worked out how this compares to the stars FPPs as I have recently changed to them from party?
Old 01-16-2007, 08:25 AM

I will take the extra $400/month.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was quite satisfied with it since I just got a free 400$ dumped into my account. It would have taken me ages to get enough points for the item I would have purchased with them. Now I can just go to a store and pick something up with that money instead of waiting 6-8 weeks on delivery from partystore.

Now only thing missing is for them to recalculate how points are awarded so that it gets equivalent to a half decent rakeback (20-30 %), and it would once again be my main site to play at.

[/ QUOTE ]
They can't do this because they need to pay their affiliates a portion of MGR to get the affiliates to do advertising.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone smarter and with more time on their hands worked out how this compares to the stars FPPs as I have recently changed to them from party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars FPP system can actually function as a decent 20+% rakeback, and that's at worst and low-volume, like say a SilverStar, at SuperNova it can be up to 30%. Party's points for cash is nowhere near the same magnitude. You get 5 cents for playing 20 hands of 0.5/1 NL, I think it's obvious it's nowhere near 20% or even 10% rakeback.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:43 AM

As a side point, I imagine when they put tournament entries in the store, this will be the best value for money. So it might be worth keeping your points if your a tournadonk.