Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 12:45 AM

Default Re: A classic AA RR hand

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that there are a lot of flops you should check after rr AA, but I really don't think this is one. Bet for value/protection on this drawy board.

ok just saw the answered the "drawy board" thing, but still I like a bet here because lately I keep seeing TAGs float in rr pots so I think you'll get called by more hands than you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't someone who is floating also often bluff if I check?

If you bet the flop, and check the turn, do you push if Villain bets if you think he's floating a lot? Or c/c the turn?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:47 AM

You bet $65 and folded on the river? So you have 29 +45 +65 out of 200 in like $139 and you fold? Bad fold Villian has AK/bluff/something you beat enough to call the $61. And I understand what your saying about not being in such a hurry in reraised pots. I think taylor caby said something about this in his well thread. But I still bet this flop. I agree that Bet, even if its a little weak looking, check, bet. Is better than check bet bet. Especially with that river. I can't believe you even had the discipline to fold the river, I'm a spew monkey with aces.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:54 AM

Bet flop. Check turn. $60 on riv- fold to raise. At least u bet the turn for info/value, but bet flop and hope he plays back at you b/c I def think u have the best hand (at least up until riv...)
Old 12-04-2006, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You bet $65 and folded on the river? So you have 29 +45 +65 out of 200 in like $139 and you fold? Bad fold Villian has AK/bluff/something you beat enough to call the $61. And I understand what your saying about not being in such a hurry in reraised pots. I think taylor caby said something about this in his well thread. But I still bet this flop. I agree that Bet, even if its a little weak looking, check, bet. Is better than check bet bet. Especially with that river. I can't believe you even had the discipline to fold the river, I'm a spew monkey with aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

What "bluffing" hand does Villain ever have here? You think Villain will look at his JJ here and think he should bluff? Villain practically never anything other than a PP or AK.

I think Villain has QQ/KK/other set/badly played AK. I'm getting about 5:1 on the call, but I think he has the badly played AK maybe 10% of the time.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet flop. Check turn. $60 on riv- fold to raise. At least u bet the turn for info/value, but bet flop and hope he plays back at you b/c I def think u have the best hand (at least up until riv...)

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't bet for info in NL in the last 200k hands or so, and I'm most certainly not doing it on this turn...
Old 12-04-2006, 01:11 AM

bet flop here u r getting action from Kx and draws as played value bet river.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet flop here u r getting action from Kx and draws as played value bet river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I am. Meh. Whatever. The flop just doesn't matter much.

Say I bet the flop, the turn goes check-check and we hit this river. I argue that the situation is virtually identical.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:28 AM

What "bluffing" hand does Villain ever have here? You think Villain will look at his JJ here and think he should bluff? Villain practically never anything other than a PP or AK.

I've done worse [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm not counting that as a big portion here, But AK is definetly possible and I just can't see folding aces given these odds in this spot. Although I wouldn't be expecting to win. One of the reasons I've been trying to reraise more preflop is because I've noticed how much worse people play postflop in reraised pots, myself included (working on it). All I was saying is that the times villian has AK/ lost his mind is worth the river call I think. But I would expect to see QQ a lot of the time.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:42 AM

I don't agree that checking this flop is bad, like a lot of people advocate.

But I like leading for value better. You stack AK more easily, and QQ may call a bet anyway.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not crazy about how bilbo got to the river (though I'm not gonna argue with it b/c it's close enough to fine) but his river fold is very standard against this opponent on this board. Villain just isn't bluffing or value raising anything worse than AA on the river.