Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Why I do not hate Absolute

nostrakhan i played you HU a lot, you play ok
Old 10-22-2007, 04:48 AM

Why aren't all of you chumps just beating your fish farm crap poker players 24-7. For such a fishy site most of their players seem to spend a lot of time advertising for what a great site it is.

I do not work for AP...I get paid best there because of rakeback and because of the absolute rewards program which you can transfer your points to cash. when you get 200k in points you get $3000. I seem to make this fairly fast...I am probably not like many normal people that play there since I play a lot and I play HU a lot which means that I make it to 200k ARPs very quickly. I would guess that I have been making 300k+ ARP's a month for the last 3 months. I play 40k+ hands a month which may be why AP is the best option for me right now. I think that they have softest games between stars and FT.. I wish that I had rakeback at FT but i can't get it since I already made an account there. I did have someone offer to get me rakeback there but I had to sign up under some bogus name and I just do not trust that.

[ QUOTE ]
I may be wrong about this...but I am pretty sure they generate the 3rd most amount of traffic among US players. I think Stars and Full Tilt are ahead of them. And worldwide I would guess that they are 4th behind Stars, Party, and Full Tilt. Again, it is very possible I am wrong about this.

[/ QUOTE ]
They are currently 4th among sites open to Americans according to pokersitescout. They were even lower before Party and others pulled out. IIRC, their marketing lied for years by claiming to be #3, and not just in the US but worldwide.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:50 AM

hey baronzeus what is your AP name? I read your posts a lot here and I respect what you have to say
Old 10-22-2007, 04:52 AM

I still dont see why in the light of recent events - anyone would want to play there. If you have good poker ability, you should be able to make money on any reputable site. One that maybe hasnt been involved in cheating.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that nobody will give me any credit since I just joined today and I have no posts. FWIW I have been browsing 2+2 for 4 years..I used to have an account but apparently it got erased since I haven't signed into it for a long time. I have rarely ever posted here. I read through BBV and NVG forums daily, but I just do not post.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you read these read these forums daily with the default browse settings that everyone hates, and you've been doing it for years?

Then your first post ever gives a very unpopular opinion about the absolute scandal? nh sir. you win the the internet.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not work for AP...I get paid best there because of rakeback and because of the absolute rewards program which you can transfer your points to cash. when you get 200k in points you get $3000.

[/ QUOTE ]
You forgot to mention their weekly big money tournaments!
Old 10-22-2007, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do not work for AP...I get paid best there because of rakeback and because of the absolute rewards program which you can transfer your points to cash. when you get 200k in points you get $3000.

[/ QUOTE ]
You forgot to mention their weekly big money tournaments!

[/ QUOTE ]

and reload bonuses
Old 10-22-2007, 04:57 AM

You are very naive. However, you prove an important point...."When it comes to money, everyone is of the same religion".

One day you may get money stolen from you, or you may get your money tied up in some type of Neteller fiasco. This could happen here....if Enron can disappear overnight then Absolute Poker can disappear, as well. Funds can be frozen and you can be stiffed.

Very few people are capable of giving up an income stream for the sake of PRINCIPLE. The only recourse the poker community has is to put these places out of business and encourage authorities to put people in jail. If these things do not happen then people will continue to steal and laugh at you.