Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: AQo, oop, I reraise pre, check/call flop, scare turn card

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am calling almost any river other than a diamond, but I feel with calling it gives him the opportunity to bet with a wider range, if we shove it narrows his range down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. If we push, he's folding weaker aces (and other hands we have beaten), but if we just call, and bet a non-diamond river, he'll call you down with these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you guys like to call the turn and pushing the river? Why would he be more likely to call the same bet on the river with Ax? Why give him a chance to miss a fd before putting the money in? If he has a fd, calling the turn and pushing the river will let him get away. Pushing the turn is just a 1/2 psr, I just don't get your reasoning.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:23 AM

I think this is still wrong. How likely is it that he has a pair and a flush draw here other than like A10 with a diamond? Actually tbh, the more thought I give to this hand, I probably fold to a strong river bet. I dont think most unknowns will take this line with A10 so we are beating a bluff by that point. Oh and I never said I push river, I was saying call at first but I think thats wrong now given the thought.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is still wrong. How likely is it that he has a pair and a flush draw here other than like A10 with a diamond?

[/ QUOTE ]
Given that we didn't bet the flop there's a decent chance I'd say. Hands like AxTd, QdJ etc. Or a gs+fd like KdQ, also possible. Or just a plain fd. All those are hand we like to push vs, and I think pushing is a reasonable play here.

My main point was that if we're calling the turn we should be able check/fold the river, but we're getting great odds and if we're behind we don't have many outs.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:39 AM

imho push here of fold ... anyway i guess best case scenario you are against kings with flush draw . the bet seams suspicious ... he might be scared you completed the flush or he might have smth better and want
s to get as much as he can from you
Old 11-04-2007, 11:41 AM

I agree with you about c/f the river like I said, but I dont see many unknowns at these limits double barreling with a lone flush draw. I really think A10 checks behind river much more often than not, and alot of missed draws do as well. I think I need some type of read before I stack off with tpgk on a 3 flush board. I also think that because this is a 3 bet pot, flush draws should be greatly diminished, making it even less likely for that random plain flush draw.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:35 PM

You reraised PF. You flopped TP2K in a reraised pot. Your SPR is less than 3. You are committed. Get the money in as fast as possible.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:43 PM

What kind of range can we put him on?

I just thought that I can only beat a bluff or tie. Because either AK/AJ/better called preflop my reraise.