Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: **Offical (or ..is it?) Phenomenon [tv show] Thread***

Some of the stuff I think is cool, and other stuff I think my 2 year old nephew could figure out. But nothing is all that impressive to me because it's all just tricks. There's just some simple solution to it all, it's not like these guys are actually reading minds or cheating death. Meh, whatever, the show is alright. The host sucks hard though I think.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:25 AM

meh. I'm too much of a skeptic to enjoy these types of shows. There was this one that was especially awful - a woman using Ross' concentration to determine which cylinder or whatever held the sharp knife. I only finished watching it because of the 1 in a million chance she does it wrong and stabs her hand! I guess I'm just a sick bastard like that...

While flipping through the channels, I noticed there was a fight on there at one point between one of the performers and Chris Angel, but I missed most of it. What happened there?
Old 11-01-2007, 01:10 AM

So that last trick that Mike Super did is the one I'm talking about. Plants? I hate tricks with plants.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
meh. I'm too much of a skeptic to enjoy these types of shows. There was this one that was especially awful - a woman using Ross' concentration to determine which cylinder or whatever held the sharp knife. I only finished watching it because of the 1 in a million chance she does it wrong and stabs her hand! I guess I'm just a sick bastard like that...

While flipping through the channels, I noticed there was a fight on there at one point between one of the performers and Chris Angel, but I missed most of it. What happened there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of weak. The guy claims to be a paranormalist, and Criss Angel is apparently very anti-paranormalist or anyone who claims to actually be psychic or who can talk to the dead. He said on Larry King he'd call anyone out on it if it happened on Phenomenon, and when this guy was done Angel asked him to read what was in an envelope he had, and the guy flipped out. It seemed staged, but who knows.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The host is a cheeseball. Chris Angel is full of himself. Uli Roth or whatever his name is is funny to look at, and his stares into the camera to make us guess what shape he wrote down on the card was priceless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uri Geller. Used to be famous and a very common fixture on TV back in the 70's. The most impressive trick I've seen on this show is reviving him from the dead.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was this one that was especially awful - a woman using Ross' concentration to determine which cylinder or whatever held the sharp knife. I only finished watching it because of the 1 in a million chance she does it wrong and stabs her hand! I guess I'm just a sick bastard like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, that was so unimpressive. Any number of ways she could have done it, many of which I'm sure I haven't thought of, but she could have just marked the goddammed cylinders. Retarded.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of weak. The guy claims to be a paranormalist, and Criss Angel is apparently very anti-paranormalist or anyone who claims to actually be psychic or who can talk to the dead. He said on Larry King he'd call anyone out on it if it happened on Phenomenon, and when this guy was done Angel asked him to read what was in an envelope he had, and the guy flipped out. It seemed staged, but who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

That crap was so staged, and I really hated that guy anyway. It seems like all of these people are pretty crap magicians, and are just trying to impress America with their "acting" talent. And the murder mystery guy, ahahaha, so f ing terrible I couldn't believe I was actually watching this crap.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That crap was so staged, and I really hated that guy anyway. It seems like all of these people are pretty crap magicians, and are just trying to impress America with their "acting" talent. And the murder mystery guy, ahahaha, so f ing terrible I couldn't believe I was actually watching this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, but how is the murder mystery one done? Is it really just audience plants? I've seen that one SOOO many times it's not impressive, but I still don't know how it's done.

I've seen an entire show (two actually) by the "murder mystery" guy, and he's actually pretty fun. Tries a little too hard to be a magical Dane Cook with his speech patterns, but he had some pretty cool tricks (cool meaning I hadn't seen them before, I'm sure the tricks themselves were pretty simple), and had great presence. Was sad to see him to do this trick since it's so overdone.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:13 PM

this is the worst show i have ever seen. i can't believe you guys watched it?
and i even like magic
Old 11-01-2007, 04:07 PM

The show sucks and all of them seem staged. The only one I thought was cool was the credit card going around his body and him catching it. I'd rather watch Kid Nation lol