Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: 2/5 live, flop big draw

How many bullets do you have with you?

I will give a voice for thinking about laying it down. I haven't done the math to get you good numbers on it though.

I think either you have about 6 outs here for the straight and you don't want to hit your flush, (combo Ax draw that you mentioned) or you are against a set and you have dirty outs. Either way, $350 into a $580 pot isn't a good deal in this spot. Also, no matter what you do I doubt you are getting a call from seat 7 unless he flopped a set of T's or has AK/AQdd.

I know that due to differences in the styles online this should be an easy push, but live I think you are way too behind way too often to justify it. Just fold pre-flop next time.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:04 AM

Did you consider reraising preflop? You said you want to take advantage of your current image, and this seems like a decent way to do it.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:59 PM

You are in early position with low suited connectors. I think raise for deception, or fold. I think that this is a bad hand to play in a multi-way limped pot OOP post flop. It is also bad to play OOP if someone raises behind you.

As played, push. There will be a lot of money in the pot. I think pushing is best while you still have a maximum number of outs to improve your hand and some fold equity vs anyone left to act who might have a higher flush draw.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are in early position with low suited connectors. I think raise for deception, or fold. I think that this is a bad hand to play in a multi-way limped pot OOP post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of the 3 things you mentioned, 2 are in favor of limping.

[ QUOTE ]
I think pushing is best while you still have a maximum number of outs to improve your hand and some fold equity vs anyone left to act who might have a higher flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

There will be $1,100 in the pot and $400 to call a 2:1 draw. There is 0% chance of him folding a high flush draw, which will usually be the nut flush draw if he has it.