Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 09-30-2007, 04:09 AM

Default $200: A few hands I am not in love with from tonight

1) This is the biggest glaring mistake. This player was an unknown and I play/datamine these games 24/7 so that is pretty rare. I figured he was taking a shot at a higher level. I plugged it later and saw that it was breakeven if he was pushing 7% ... if im folding here, is it a HUGE leak?

There are probably a lot of players ill call against, especially the regualrs that ive seen push junk (both utg with blinds about the smash them, and from button/sb) but this player was unknown, had not r aised all game (41 hands) and was playing at 12/0 to this point with no showdowns. What do yo uthink? Am I the worst ever?

No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t200/t400
5 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: t1120
CO: t8825
Button: t2030
SB: t2745
Hero: t5280

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in t1120</font>, 3 folds, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: t720 returned to UTG.

2) This player was 20/20 on the bubble through 54 hands. Sometimes you see players 'bubble owning without the risk' wheret hey minraise or 3x raise and muck to a shove. On the other hand, non pushes on teh bubble sometimes mean 'here is a transparent signal that I have a large pocket pair and would like a customer.'

Blinds: t200/t400
4 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: t6210
Button: t3920
Hero: t3740
BB: t6130

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to t1200</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in t3540</font>, BB folds, UTG calls t2540 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t5140)</font>.

Final pot: t7880

3+4) Thoughts on these two heads up hands. I was checking the gutshot with plans to hit it, but the 5 did not come. I also wouldnt have minded the 3 or 4 rolling off, but I felt alot of his range would muck on the river, but beat a 6 high if we went check check. This guy was pretty loose passive.

I would have pushed T7 preflop but I had jammed a few times pf and felt a trap may be lingering. I felt the only worse turn card could have been the Jd.

Blinds: t300/t600
2 players

Stack sizes:
Hero: t6680
BB: t13320

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB calls t300 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t900)</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t900, 2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t900, 2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t900, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t700</font>

Blinds: t300/t600
2 players

Stack sizes:
Hero: t5080
BB: t14920

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB calls t300 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t900)</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t900, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t900</font>, BB calls t900 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1800)</font>.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t2700, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets t2400</font>, Hero folds.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:53 AM

Default Re: $200: A few hands I am not in love with from tonight

#1 I think the fold is ok
#2 I wouldnt make this play because your push lays him 2:1 while risking less than half of his stack (he will be in fine shape if losing this flip). If called you're 50/50 @ best if not completely dominated.
I suppose if he has been abusing it may be justifiable.
#3+4 This is an ok bet, I wouldnt make it... downside is if called on this pretty common bluff spot your image is [censored] meaning he may play back @ you with more chips

What site do u play on/handle?
Old 09-30-2007, 04:56 AM

1) yea i mean, im too lazy to run it specifically but it looks like a reasonable call.
2) i dont hate it with a player with these stats but a seeing him do this is a good way to make sure youre making a good move. In a vacuum it seems fine, he has aggro numbers and the big stack 88+ should be reasonable its prob. close still though. dont think i could fold 99 in this spot.
3) meh, id bet a tad less if i make this move, but i think i check this river most of the time.
4) standard
Old 09-30-2007, 05:22 AM

1/ I just can't see how that can be a HUGE leak. He could well be pushing very tight there.
2/ I am learning to stop doing that. He is mostly calling and you're mostly flipping.
3/ This is one of those situations where I would feel confident you were bluffing (I'd tend to think someone who bet this much didn't want a call and most aces bet the flop) and whether I called would depend what I had. With any half-decent bluffcatcher, I'm calling. So is it worth your risking so many chips? Dunno. It would be player dependent.
4/ This is nothing like "standard". It would depend on the other player. I tend not to believe they have a flush, because they rarely do. But with your stack, and another card to come, I'd probably let it go.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:30 AM

1. You have to call this, no question.

2. Depends on my feeling in game. You can certainly fold against some people and push against others, like you said.

3. Again, player dependent. It sure looks like a bluff and I'd certainly call with as little as King high the way the hand played out. Is he supposed to believe you have an Ace? Your story doesn't work out.

4. I have a problem with you potting the flop. I'd rather bet 2/3 and keep the pot smaller.

Ryan
Old 09-30-2007, 10:47 AM

1 - folding is a mistake imo.

2 - push or fold both seem fine. can't quite tell from your read if this guy is one of those 2x or 3x players, but if he is then i push.

3 - i would bet the flop. it is one that likely missed him, plus if you hit something on turn/river you probably are not gonna get paid anyway.

4 - are the blinds 300/600? if yes, i would CRAI on flop if you think villian will bet. as played (and if blinds are 300/600), i think pot is too big to fold on turn.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:57 AM

1. I install -call this vs anyone without looking at any stats. I mean, he has &lt; 3BB , UTG and you don't have 62o.

2. Depends but looks good as you have probably enough FE.

No opinions on HU play cause I suck.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:16 AM

1. Snap call.
2. Is very read dependent.
3. Bet the flop.
4. Check the flop.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:56 AM

I like RGH's answers the most.
Pudge, do you always check mid pair HU? Are you trying to c/r?
I bet a TON HU when I have a piece/draw since you can get people to fold alot. Not sure if I get too carried away.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:56 AM

Check call probably.
If I bet, I would bet a little less like 700.