Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 04:42 AM

Default Re: 2p2 Sep 20, 2007 uNL Video Links

I have all my hands recorded but cut out a lot of the hands were I just sat there and said, "27o. Okay I fold."

Might not be great commentary for 3+ hours. Maybe just have the perspectives for the big hands.

The audio didn't work for some of the people, but maybe they could do back and say what they were thinking.

----------
[b]And maybe keep video edited discussion to the main thread.

The new links are in danger of getting lost in this "summary" thread too.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:37 PM

So, I'm not sure if I should post in this thread or the other.

I haven't looked at the videos, but I could probably merge all the video together so we can see as many hole cards as possible. As for audio, it's a lot harder, I can't all merge it. For very interesting hands, I could pause the video (or just slow it down) and play one or two (or more comments one after the other).

Yes, it would be a lot of work, but I have to tools to do it. But, it would take a while to put it all together. But I like editing and this is a very interesting challenge.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:50 AM

Marc,

If you were going to try to merge them all, you might want to wait until the next attempt at this. Others have stated they would like to do it again. So I think it will happen again.

Some of the reasons to not attempt to edit this particular one:

1. Everyone started video taping at different spots, even the 3 that started the session.
2. Bozz and ICM came into the game a bit late.
3. The session was 600 hands (at least) over 2 tables, which made for two long recording, and I think at least a couple of us had to stop recording, process a vid, and then start recording again.

For your idea (which I like) to work, players would need to basically start recording at the same time, and legitamately stop the recording at a reasonable time, i.e. 1 hour or so as the original plan.

I think we are still waiting on Bozzers video also.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:04 AM

my video should get uploaded tonight (busy weekend) - it definately exists, and has commentary though.

i agree that this session might be difficult to edit, but i would be up for doing a slightly more structured version where everyone arrives on time and we only commentate when the action is on us, before my camtasia trial ends in 26 days!
Old 09-24-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Marc,

If you were going to try to merge them all, you might want to wait until the next attempt at this. Others have stated they would like to do it again. So I think it will happen again.

Some of the reasons to not attempt to edit this particular one:

1. Everyone started video taping at different spots, even the 3 that started the session.
2. Bozz and ICM came into the game a bit late.
3. The session was 600 hands (at least) over 2 tables, which made for two long recording, and I think at least a couple of us had to stop recording, process a vid, and then start recording again.

For your idea (which I like) to work, players would need to basically start recording at the same time, and legitamately stop the recording at a reasonable time, i.e. 1 hour or so as the original plan.

I think we are still waiting on Bozzers video also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey,

If they don't start at exactly the same time, it doesn't really matter. I can just sync on the moment they are all on and before that, we would just have less hole cards. Same if they don't end at the same time.

The important thing is that they have no gap. This would complicate things. Say, two player start at the same time (roughly), but then one stops the video for a few minutes and then starts again. It will be harder to sync, but it still can be done.

For simplicity's sake, I think this would work better with only one table. It's going to be confusing enough to patch the commentary of everybody together, if they talk about 2 hands at the same time, it will be unwatchable.

At worst, they can play a longer session and I can cut the hands where nothing interesting is happening after it's all sync together.

My two cents...
Old 09-24-2007, 04:12 PM

There was a post on 604poker.com where they did the same thing:

Here's the result where you can check known hole cards.

The other vids and discussion are here.

Not sure about adding the individual commentary.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:50 AM

Up at last. It's quite large so I zipped it across two files - you'll need to download both I'm afraid.

bozz's 2p2 fest part 1 (100mb)

bozz's 2p2 fest part 2 (37mb)

Apologies to anyone I insulted!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does hennnerz's video have sound ... i get no sound and i have the correct codecs

also, it looks like his mouse movement is trying to explain something so i believe he might think he put sound in

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I did record commentary. However due to only recording one 3hour + vid I only realised it didn't work after, which was a real kick in the nuts.

Also we are still waiting for scallops vid (mega_tilt I think it was)

I will add a commentary sometime soon, I am really busy starting uni atm.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:02 AM

yo il get mine up asap. Uni restarted today (yay [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) so Ive been busy.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:43 PM

"Cals-Tulip - Obvious a massive luck box."

You left and took my luck box with you.

[ QUOTE ]

Apologies to anyone I insulted!

[/ QUOTE ]