Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 10:25 AM

Default Charlie Weis

2 seasons and change, and under Charlie Weis, ND still has not beaten a team that had ended the season in the top 25. In fact, he has gotten blown out in many of these games.

I know Weis built a great reputation as an offensive genius while with the Pats, but so far ND has not exactly been world beaters under him.

What is the excuse here? How come they can't beat anybody good?
Old 09-09-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Charlie Weis

jesus got tired of football and left to do other things
Old 09-09-2007, 10:30 AM

Because they're not good. They're going to play in bowl games every year they don't deserve to due to the money they bring in. Notre Dame doesn't have the appeal it used to either. Players want to go to USC, Florida, Texas, OSU, Michigan etc. Even schools like WVU and Louisville have close to the same appeal now. Notre Dame simply is not that good.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:42 AM

ND does currently have the number 1 recruiting class following back to back top 10 classes, so I don't think you can say that no one wants to play at ND anymore. I think it's just been a terrible coaching job on the offensive side of the ball this year, especially on the offensive line, which has just been a sieve. Also, PSU ended last year in the top 25, so he has beaten a team that finished the season ranked, albeit just barely.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2 seasons and change, and under Charlie Weis, ND still has not beaten a team that had ended the season in the top 25. In fact, he has gotten blown out in many of these games.

I know Weis built a great reputation as an offensive genius while with the Pats, but so far ND has not exactly been world beaters under him.

What is the excuse here? How come they can't beat anybody good?

[/ QUOTE ]

A decent number of Notre Dame fans are still blaming Ty Willingham's poor recruiting on Charlie's struggles. They don't have much experienced depth on the OL. I'm also not blown away by their offensive skill players either.

ND has played against two very good defenses, but you'd think that an offensive "genius" could put an offense on the field that scores more than a FG a game.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A decent number of Notre Dame fans are still blaming Ty Willingham's poor recruiting on Charlie's struggles.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is confusing to me. How did ND do so well when Weis fist got there if Willingham did such a bad job of recruiting?
Old 09-09-2007, 11:09 AM

Willinghams recruiting was mostly confined to his first year, ranked 12th before the best player in the class, G-regg, transferred to Miami before making it through his first fall camp, followed by classes ranked 32nd and 40th according to rivals, although that one was partially shared by Weis who did the best he could while still coaching the Pats until after the Super Bowl. In addition to not being talented overall, many of them either quit the team or transferred, and I believe there are only 7 scholarship seniors on the team. It doesn't excuse the fact that the young talent we do have in the freshman and sophomore class looks terrible, but it's hard to compete with a 7 man senior class and a junior class that's not much better. We're essentially playing with 5th years, freshman, and sophomores with a sprinkling of juniors and seniors, who should make up the core of the team.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A decent number of Notre Dame fans are still blaming Ty Willingham's poor recruiting on Charlie's struggles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those ND fans are morons.

b
Old 09-09-2007, 04:24 PM

Charlie Weis is a genius. Getting a ten year deal done before the adminstration figured out what a moron he is. Oh, and blaming Ty Willingham three years after he left for roster problems is laugh out loud funny. Isn't this the same Ty Willingham who's building a powerhouse at UW?
Old 09-09-2007, 05:21 PM

Penn State finished ranked last year