Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Gutshot in enormo pot. Bet?

The limp re-raise is either a QQ+ or something like A3s, a small pp or junk. This one looks especially like junk. I think the last 5 times I was limp reraised it was small pps, weak aces or junk. It's generally obvious because I'll have a read that the guy is just gambling. When the 50/1/0.4 does it, then it's time to watch out. The last time I was limp re-raised it was limped to me on the button, I raised with JTs, an EP limper who I knew to be a random gambler makes it 3, so I cap for equity. The flop comes KQ3, I bet ever street when checked to and he called down with A3s. Good times. Anyway, I think it's much more common for this to be gambling fun these days.

Edit: Also, I almost always check behind when someone makes an out of tempo (just for you miles) check unless I have a good reason to think he's making a defensive check.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:12 PM

the thing is, if they have KK, or QQ, the are going to c/c the flop, and try to c/r the turn. that's the fun line.

So I like betting the flop, and checking the turn here.

With a pot this size, and 4 outs to the nuts, it doesn't matter, because you are going to the river regardless.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:33 PM

If we bet the flop, it could very easily be 2 or 3 bets back to us, which sucks a lot. You're not getting a free turn card nearly enough even if it gets called around.

Or just check. Hit your gutter on the turn, EP leads, calls around, you pop, and play a huge pot with a dominant hand. Or you miss, get out cheap, and move on to the next hand.

Plz check.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CO limped behind two and then capped when it was obvious a monster pot was brewing. That is a pure BS line, as distinct from the openlimp (in early position) and then reraise.

The reason I considered a bet is an old one: sometimes it will get the pot checked to me on the turn.

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this situation with this many crazy players id say your chances of being check raised are way too high to be betting here and your not likley to buy yourself any outs either. You were right to consider it because its always wise to consider every angle but checking here is the sensible play because being check raised would make me wanna cry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the thing is, if they have KK, or QQ, the are going to c/c the flop, and try to c/r the turn. that's the fun line.

With a pot this size, and 4 outs to the nuts, it doesn't matter, because you are going to the river regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats a very big if, i would make that play sometimes against thinking players but i dont think its a wise move here because these people dont seem so rational!!
Old 08-02-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what I thought might happen if I bet.

I didn't bet in the end. Instead I let the J slide off and got it capped three ways on two streets by T9 and KK.

Guy.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:28 PM

A free card to improve in a huge, multiway pot in which we have zero fold equity? Cue violins + big sappy smile. Je t'aime, Mlle. Free Card. Je t'aime beaucoup.

Seriously, we might get lucky enough to get checked to on the turn if we bet, but chances are one of these whack jobs is going to do something unhelpfully in character before then. I check behind and prepare to be not-too-disappointed if I don't manage to improve.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:36 PM

A bet is strictly -ev here. A call on the turn for 1 bet is +EV. This is an easy check. flush draw or better i would bet. Open ended if i've got 2 overs maybe.