Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 07-31-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Put him on a hand.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As always, this is where specific reads help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, hence this thread: I want to know what to think of this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

how are we supposed to be able to know that better than u?

we ve never played him so many "tags" are different

it comes down to what u think he thinks

if hes playing his 2 cards 1st level thinking and thinking less about ur hands and what he could make u fold then u fold, if u think he thinks about ur range and hence its profitable for him to bluff 99-JJ (if u know that those are all in his 3betting range) then u cant fold to his flop raise (as too much of ur capping range is non A hands and he ll be getting 5:1 or alittle less on a raise bluff which more than that amount of ur range is non A capping hands so folding would be exploitable, comes down to whether hes liable to try to exploit this) then depending on what u think of him u can either fold or call the turn bet (if u think hed give up after being called on the flop if he has a mid pair) or if he ll always fire another shell on a bluff/semi bluff or take this line with weak pairs for a cheap showdown/bluff peel the turn and almost always fold the river to the 3rd shell (unless u think hes a bit maniacal which isnt connoted in the word tag).
Old 07-31-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Put him on a hand.

If I was villain trying to read your hand (assuming all I have to go on is you're an unknown tag). After the PF cap I start with the normal range here obviously. Something like 99+, AQs+, AQo+, KQs. I doubt you deviate too far from this HU. I also start to discount the unpaired offsuit Ax just a bit as there isn't much value in capping those HU. So already I have your range weighed slightly more toward the PP.

Now on that flop your range falls better than 2:1 toward the PP's 99-KK even without considering I discounted those Ax hands preflop.

Judging from this it looks like villain made a good play with any PP or even KQ if he knows your not a showdown monkey. Now whether it is a better (more believable but also more expensive) play to call flop and raise turn is another debate.

FWIW I'm still not certain what you held in this hand. AK doesn't always cap PF but AKs will often. AA shouldn't be C/R the turn. 99 I would play like this (but less likely mathematically) and I don't know if you would see a turn with TT