Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 07-24-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Stars Grinder looking for help

Ty all the the input. I guess smallstakes fullring limit esp on Stars isnt as juicy as it used to be. I choice to play it mainly because I have to work a balance between getting money from and letting my bankroll grow and kinda found it in leaving my bankroll untouched and instead getting Amazon gift certificates to sell on ebay.
I dont know whether the fluctuations are normal for someone with a small edge and a 14BB/100 standard deviation or if I am having just too much leaks. I dunno. Whats your guys take on that?

@tzen
Thank you for your opinion, we havent played that much hands together put you seem like a really solid player.

@gap23
I know what you are getting at and you have a valid point. I certainly have some "groundrules" which are kinda equal to the starting hand chart from the Stoxtrader book but aside from opening a pot I deviate from it. Eg I limp behind OTB a lot with suited stuff or steal more or less depending on the blinds tendencies - just standard stuff, I try not to get to o ABC.
You are right on the limp reraising though, I just hate that play and I really avoid it.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:56 AM

Try to play the tables coming weeks, my feeling is that since it's holiday a lot of casual players are hitting the tables. You should see some better results.

Also I find it hard to leave a table when it gets thougher, it might improve your bb/100. It only helps if there are other tables to choose though, to my opinion if there are 6 tables I can play a winning game on, I'll take it. Not carring about my avg bb/100 will go down, winning is winning.

Since there are often a lot of solid tables on pokerstars or they become solid pretty quick, switching quick might improve your overall bb/100, but not your real earnings. The best tables are often the new ones, where no regulars have joined yet, 30/60min later the tables are crowded with regulars en if you would move on, you would get the best. Thing is, if i'm on 6 to 9 tables, I won't be bothered with game selection, if you play 2 or more hours, this could end up with having a lot of bad tables. Maybe find gaps there to improve your bb/100, and of course keep searching for leaks. I still thinkg 1bb/100 on these limits are a good grind, and moving up is the thing to look after to increase your earnings.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Try to play the tables coming weeks, my feeling is that since it's holiday a lot of casual players are hitting the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that it? I was wondering why it's suddenly so crowded [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If you play, say, 9 tables, you should just take a break every 2 hours or so, and leave them all. Then when you come back you can reselect 9 new ones. I also can't dynamically do table selection when 9 tabling. I sometimes leave a really bad table and join a waiting list, but usually I don't have the time to check it all out.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:48 PM

your stats look like mine...i think you're doing fine...see you at the 1/2 tables...
Old 07-26-2007, 09:35 AM

I just dont know whats up lately (like for the last month or so) - I just dont know what whats wrong with my game, whether it's just variance or if I just suck. The last 60k hands overall (including 2/4) and the last 71k hands on 1/2 have been breakeven and I think I dont play worse (rather the opposite). Have any of you ever experienced such long breakeven stretches?

1/2 Graph since March:
Old 07-26-2007, 10:31 AM

70k break-even in one go, no. But recently a 25k one, and after some further profit a 35k one.

This is my month so far, if it makes you feel better... high BBV content-level...

Can't say I'm too happy either. It happens. Play, learn, improve your game, play some more and repeat.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:22 AM

Steal more an defend more

get ATSB above 40, fold BB to steal below 50 and fold SB to steal below 80.

If the guys in the blinds have the same "fold blind to steal" stats as you then it is profitable to raise any 2 cards on the button