Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: My life got threatened at the Seminole!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that floor manager has been fired

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Although something should have been done, is that true?

[/ QUOTE ]

The floor he's referencing is the one who was staking players into tournaments. That person has got to go.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:35 PM

Felicia, This comment has no relevence to thread at all ... and I feel a little silly even writing this but felt compelled to speak up as someone who used to read your blog and lurks at the blogs of your peers ... you're too hard on yourself. You've contributed a lot to that group and the struggles and stances I have seen you take have all been very correctly principled. Just like your response to the OP.

Masculine? Hardly. Glenn (I think it's Glenn, it's been awhile) is a lucky man. Silly perhaps, but I hope you know you have a lot of fans.

If you're going to the Vegas gathering - have a great time!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Re: A terrible experience at local cardroom

[ QUOTE ]
I get my 215 tip 15 and get harassed on my walk out.

[/ QUOTE ]
The hell with the tip, all those creeps including the floor can pound it. Gosh, I'm fired up just reading this. And everyone wonders what kind of degenerates we get in the $2 and low buy-in multi-table tournaments down here in sunny Florida, well here's your answer.

I really feel bummed for OP.

OP, if you happen to be in the Tampa Bay area and want to play in a decent home game tourney, PM me and I'll get you hooked up.

P [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: A terrible experience at local cardroom

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No player wants to spend another hour deciding a winner when they could just chop and get back to the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never understood this. If they're in such a hurry to get back to the tables, that they don't want to spend another hour on top of the 3+ hours they've already spent in the tourney -- then why even play to begin with? Isn't winning the tourney reason enough to try to finish the game? I'm all for chopping when it gets to the point that the blinds are so big that winning will be almost entirely luck of the draw anyway... but chopping because they don't want to spend another hour playing? I just don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can't tell you that it makes sense. Dog TRack players are either completely passive, or action junkies. They simplest thing to do would be for the floorpeople to use one of the various chop formulas and offer an reasonable chop. However, if that happened watch player say no and play it out. Catch 22 city.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think floorperson should be involved in negotiations. I do believe that the OP made a msitake. Rather than simply saying no to the $600 he should have made a counteroffer even if he thought it was more than his "equity" you never know they might have been willing to go for it (especially where there are 8 players so whatever additional money he wants gets spread out over 6 players -- say he had said he wanted $1000 too, that would have only cost each of the 6 other players something aroun60 so instead of $630 they would get $570--- they might have gone for it.) Making a counteroffer may have also had the affect ofdiverting there anger, since know some player wants to take the counteroffer but its a different player who doesn't want it. Know OP isn't the guy blocking the chop its one of the regulars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes good advice. Could have said, but I came to play..... but I'll do it for 850.

That said, what happened was still outrageous and yes the floor should have be insta-canned. You know, I believe the video tapes are kept for a while.........Oh, my bad. Does a dog track video tape?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Felicia, This comment has no relevence to thread at all ... and I feel a little silly even writing this but felt compelled to speak up as someone who used to read your blog and lurks at the blogs of your peers ... you're too hard on yourself. You've contributed a lot to that group and the struggles and stances I have seen you take have all been very correctly principled. Just like your response to the OP.

Masculine? Hardly. Glenn (I think it's Glenn, it's been awhile) is a lucky man. Silly perhaps, but I hope you know you have a lot of fans.

If you're going to the Vegas gathering - have a great time!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you. But you must realize that I am much happier not being a part of that group. No offense to them at all, I just never belonged.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2007, 03:38 PM

OP, you got screwed. I have to second the counter-offer idea for 850/1000/whatever you wanted. If they asked why, I would only say that I wanted to play cards. That's what they are there to do as well, so they can't give you any $#%*&#$%&#$ for it. If they want to "get back to the tables" then they can take your counter offer and do just that.

Felicia, I scanned over your blog and a few of your posts. You DO contribute to my procrastination and degeneracy (i.e. my thoughts on poker and etc) as well as everyone else here. I also looked over the hair photos and you wear/wore it all very well. I don't know how long ago they were and where you are, but regardless I'm pulling for you. Thank you for your thoughts.