Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 04-02-2007, 02:23 AM

Default brazs post

why didn't the mom just ignore the thread. she made 3 posts attacking the op before he responded to her and he gets banned for 2 weeks?
Old 04-02-2007, 03:28 AM

Default Re: brazs post

No kidding. Why wasn't gobbomom banned too? She rails on the guy for post after post until he finally strikes back. So the ban is on him. Feels like a football game where the guy who retaliates from the late hit gets the penalty flag.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:08 AM

yeah i think he was banned bc of his original post attacking someone for no reason?

she should be banned too though, and i think his final comment of her pathetic parenthood making him the "men" he is today was really funny, true, and something more parents should hear.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:00 AM

braz makes a post to humiliate this woman's son. Woman rightly defends her son and calls OP a jerk, ass etc. Braz responds by

"shut the [censored] up already then die"

I don't mind a little back and forth but this is way too far.

If you think gobbomom should be punished I can give her a few days to cool off, but she was basically defending her son in an unnecessarily cruel post. Braz was banned for a combo of making the thread (I probably would have given him a couple days) combined with that comment (2-3 days on its own).

He also has a history which is not in his notes for whatever reason.

I'm almost positive I permabanned him for outrageous racism/anti-gay comments early on in my bbv tenure but he returned a few months ago and has no notes. Strange. Maybe I just tempbanned him for a few weeks but I'm pretty sure there were notes as well.

gw
Old 04-02-2007, 10:13 AM

also, dids I know you are being supportive in bbv4l but I really wish you didn't make that thread...the less blown up these things get the better.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:48 AM

I think braz's posts was out of line, just because I think the whole threat/you should die stuff is seriously lame.

I would hate to see braz gone, because I think he's totally hilarious.

Gild,

I understand why you guys aren't wild about those posts, but I think that's part of being a mod. I'm not questioning the ban, just bemoaning that braz will be gone.

I wish Gobbomom would invest more effort in her son's nutrition that weird message board posting. I feel bad for that kid, and I kinda welcome the harsh treatment he gets, because from personal experience that's a good motivating factor.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:32 PM

The OP was nothing more than calling somebody fat. hardly ban worthy.

[ QUOTE ]
chances are, I might come closest to winning this bet, or not- which I'm sure would be even better. Nevertheless, you are a complete [censored] and attention whore for posting something like this. Funny how your title doesn't reflect that. Congratulations.

[/ QUOTE ]
braz ignored
[ QUOTE ]

I'm curious also, especially given the name "Gobbleboy". Stupid, idiotic OP trying to gain attention, please answer the question?

[/ QUOTE ]
braz ignored
[ QUOTE ]

hardly mad, his mom recognizes ignorance when she sees it. What an ass OP is, trying to make himself be a bigshot, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
braz responds with "shut the [censored] up already then die, your pathetic parenthood made him the men he is today."

I don't see how he could be banned for that comment with the mom baited him like that.

here is another comment she made after
[ QUOTE ]

heated? no. Not when O.P. has clearly proven himself of retard caliber. Funny what bored 12 yr.olds do with their time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-02-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
braz makes a post to humiliate this woman's son. Woman rightly defends her son and calls OP a jerk, ass etc. Braz responds by

"shut the [censored] up already then die"

I don't mind a little back and forth but this is way too far.

If you think gobbomom should be punished I can give her a few days to cool off, but she was basically defending her son in an unnecessarily cruel post. Braz was banned for a combo of making the thread (I probably would have given him a couple days) combined with that comment (2-3 days on its own).

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had gotten to it first I'd have done the same thing. The OP's just a dumb troll and the other party's an Internet-clueless 40-something. The rest of the thread given those two things is totally unsurprising so it's braz' fault for posting something that unfunny in the first place.

now, 'should 'mom' get out of the forum' is a totally separate issue and I kinda wish she would. not our place to say it, though.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:42 PM

Nick,

Checked out the thread.

"chances are, I might come closest to winning this bet" -gobbomom

WTF?
Old 04-02-2007, 01:31 PM

Gild, we're not saying banning Braz is wrong -- obviously he needs some time off. But gobbomom had plenty of other options:

1) ignore the thread and not get involved in a flame war
2) notify the moderators

Instead she attacked back, and with the kind of flames that will earn anyone else a ban in any other forum. Fair is fair, is all I'm sayin' yo.