Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 03-30-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Big Draw 5/10 Borgata

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt villain bets a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river or pays you off if it hits and you push or bet. There's a big difference between hitting your T on the river and a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I just don't think you have the required implied odds to call the $500 turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
assuming none of his outs have reversed implied odds, then hero's call in isolation is +EV bc he has effective odds to draw.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt villain bets a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river or pays you off if it hits and you push or bet. There's a big difference between hitting your T on the river and a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I just don't think you have the required implied odds to call the $500 turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 90+% sure he won't fold an ace or beter if I push now. If I hit a ten I should stack any ace or better without too much trouble. Maaaaaybe he gets away from an ace if I make the flush, but given the run he is on I don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't think THIS GUY gives implied odds? lol

EDIT: We need to make ~435 on the river, on average (playing only for the nuts). He has ~650 left. Closer than I thought, but if we are playing for all of our "outs" then we only need to average ~$83.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:31 PM

Also, if Borgata has a high hand jackpot, then you have to consider that, as well. =)