Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Aces and kings

Who locked this? The question is valid. The posting guidelines say "Poker Theory - General theoretical questions can be posted here".

Someone suggested I was "misplaying" KK preflop. If all your money is in, how is that even possible? If it's possible, then when are you supposed to get your money in with KK, in general, and when are you not?

This is a general question. Hand examples aren't really necessary (but see them below) because the general theoretical advice published in books (and here) is that you should be willing to get it all in with KK (hand examples not shown with this advice). I'm saying my experience is starting to show otherwise and I'm asking if times have changed, or I'm missing something, or what.

You want hand examples, construct whichever ones you want. As I posted before, low stacks are not being considered. $200 NL, if someone has $20 left then an all in might be anything.

I'm talking about approximately full stacks of more than $150 or more on a $200 table, $75 or more on a $100 table. I raise 3-4 BB, there is an all in, I call with KK, I lose to AA. I raise 3-4 BB, there is a reraise to 3-4 times my bet, I move all in, I lose to AA. There is a raise to 3-4 BB, I reraise 3-4 times that raise, opponent goes all in, I call, lose to AA. There is a raise to 5x BB, I reraise 25x BB, opponent goes all in I call, I lose to AA. I raise 5x BB, there is a min raise to 10x BB, I move all in, lose to AA. All player styles, all positions (including first in raise SB vs BB battles). All hands play the same. 11 examples of all in with KK preflop against 1 opponent (one of those times was against 2 opponents) and in each of the 11 cases I was up against AA. Some examples were 3 bets, some were 4 bets, and 1 was 5 bets.

Are you guys getting called by worse hands often enough to make this worthwhile? Are those days gone when opponents will get it all in with QQ or AK?
Old 03-05-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Aces and kings, dammit

3 locked threads on the front page of SSNL. That's some kind of record probably. Anyway...

SSNL is a strat forum. Post hands. Your reference to poker theory in your OP is actually a different forum, the Poker Theory forum on the left sidebar.

And your post isn't even theory. It's a whine about how your KK's always run into AA's. Well, it happens. 4bai's aren't always AA if that's what you're asking.

Don't start anymore threads in this forum that aren't a hand submitted for analysis. Thanks.

PS. No profanity either.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Aces and kings, dammit

Moderator(s) notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.
Closed Thread