Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 02:14 PM

Default HA? on FTP

does anyone know if the quality o players play HA on FTP is worse than the ones playing just PLO? im looking to give PLO a try even though im not a great NL player (.05/.1). i think a new game might be better for me. should i try out HA since it has both PLH nad PLO and that would be a good place to start?
Old 02-26-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: HA? on FTP

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone know if the quality o players play HA on FTP is worse than the ones playing just PLO? im looking to give PLO a try even though im not a great NL player (.05/.1). i think a new game might be better for me. should i try out HA since it has both PLH nad PLO and that would be a good place to start?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to casually introduce yourself to PLO, HA would be an excellent place to start and see if you like PLO. If you do like PLO and want to improve, I would suggest sitting at a buyin level that you are comfortable losing money at and JUST play PLO. Play a lot of hands to get a feel for the game and try to improve.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:28 PM

lol, my BR is nonexistant so on FTP (which is the only place i can play, mac comp) there isnt anyting very comfortable (ie 1c 2c) but ill give it a try.... thanks
Old 02-26-2007, 02:56 PM

If you're "not that great" at NLHE, you might have some trouble at PLO just because you need to get a better grasp on the concepts of position, pot odds, and board/hand reading.

PLO might be the place for you to learn those, but you'll go through some growing pains. Bone up.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:06 PM

im a fine, NLHE player, just not a winning one. i mean im decent. i post a lot of hands and very rarely am I flamed badly. i can read the board well in HE but obv in PLO i need a lot of work. my hand reading is my greatest asset. tell me about your begininng PLO days...
Old 02-27-2007, 12:15 AM

I played when they first opened the HA games and the players were pretty bad at both games. It was funny to see the holdem people shut down during the omaha hands then suddenly start firing away when holdem hands began. Too bad they were your typical clueless hyperaggressive holdem donkey.