Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: 4\'s full underboat, and im 400+BB deep

tossing as in, no way he has that? i mean deep, you can limp with many more hands right and the odds make up for a little lost PF equity. so a tricky solid player (some one moving down from higher limit) could have a lot of stuff there. i think...
Old 02-26-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
on which street.... the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ignore me i thought we had some money behind for river, getting it in on turn here is A+

[/ QUOTE ]

If we are good UTG players with 400 BB stacks to start, what could we possibly pay this off with given the action so far? People are calling off 400 BBs here with AK? (We'll neglect the limp-call PF, which seems a bit unlikely for AK, too.)

Now, obviously the read might be mistaken, but if UTG generally seemed kinda solid to me, that check/overcall line on the flop is setting off all kinds of alarm bells once the turn pairs the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is a "good" utg player limp/calling that beats us here? i think KJ and KQ have to be possibilities

[/ QUOTE ]

Not much, but that isn't really the point. Even if his range has nothing that beats us, if it has nothing that calls us either then betting has no point. And his range will of course have hands that beat us.

Are you calling KJ, KQ or AK there? I might think about AK but that deep, against an opponent who didn't seem sucky to me and given this action, I'm tossing KJ and KQ for sure, and probably AK most of the time as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

my point with that is that there really isnt a hand that a "good" UTG player has gotten here with at all so i wouldnt give him credit for folding any K here.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Find a way to get your money in the middle. Sure, this could be TT or KT, but AK and KQ play it the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really doubt a "really good" UTG would stack off with AK here. I would just call the turn instead of raising (like you did).

and wtf: 400BB deep you can't push this turn profitably versus most people. Villian would have to be completely brain-dead to think AK is good on a turn where 300BB go in.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tossing as in, no way he has that? i mean deep, you can limp with many more hands right and the odds make up for a little lost PF equity. so a tricky solid player (some one moving down from higher limit) could have a lot of stuff there. i think...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I meant if you shoved on the turn, I'm folding pretty much any nonboat K.