Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 02-26-2007, 01:32 AM

Default WWE 24/7 On Demand

Does anyone here actually have this? They finally started offering this by me for 6 bucks a month. I dont really follow current wrestling all that much but i was very into from like 89-00. I read up on current events in wreslting online and i do like some of the current wrestlers. I would be getting it to see Old School matches, but not too old school. I cant really get into Pre-WM1 type stuff. I also like the ability to watch PPVs from 4 months back. So who has it, who wants it, is it worth it etc.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: WWE 24/7 On Demand

I had it up until October, haven't ordered it again since I moved but I liked it alot. It's great if you want to watch the monday night wars again because every week they put up a new nitro and a new raw from 10 years ago. They also usually put up pretty new PPVs too, like from 3-4 months ago. Dvd bios like Dusty Rhodes and Mcmahons were put up within a few months of the dvd release too. I don't know if they changed the layout since October, but if not its definetly worth it in my opinion.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:12 AM

I think I'm going to get it starting in March.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:02 AM

I've had it for awhile now. Always lots of old school stuff and recent PPV's on here to watch. It's a helluva money saver and you can get the stuff whenever you want. My major complaint is this:

The Monday Night wars was being shown on a week by week basis. IE: First week of october 96 was shown in October 06 and so on. Then they went almost 8 weeks without an update for some reason. Now they are 3 full months behind. The first week of Dec 06 are being shown now. It sucks cuz I missed one of the greatest battles in wrestling history between WCW and WWE back then thanks to my work schedule/jobs woulnd't let me view any of it and sadly, I didn't own a vcr either [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I love catching up on the Legends, ECW, WCW, ect..
I think it's 7 bucks/mo here.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:08 AM

I had it for a few months. Once I had watched all that I wanted to watch, I was pretty much done with it. During the time I had it, the updates were typically late and didn't contain anything interesting so I dumped it.

I think its only a good thing to have for a couple of months, then canceling and letting them put more stuff in there.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:02 AM

Can you go into a menu and like pick any match you want. Or just what ever they have at the time.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:01 PM

I ordered WWE 24/7 and just started watching. I decided to watch part 1 of a Hulk Hogan anthology first since it's on the "Last Chance" list.

The first match was Hogan vs. Andre the Giant from a TV taping on 9/13/80. It was an interesting little match which started the first WWWF Andre-Hogan feud. It ended when Freddie Blassie loaded Hogan's right elbow pad and then Hogan delivering "Hogan's Hammer" (his clothesline finisher) with it and busting Andre open. The match is notable for Hogan slamming Andre very easily early in the match.

I'm watching the second match right now. It's Hogan vs. Nick Bockwinkel for the AWA World Championship at Super Sunday(?). This match is probably the most famous from Hogan's run in the AWA. After failing several times to win the championship from Bockwinkel, they have their big showdown.

Bockwinkel has Hogan caught in a sleeper (Bockwinkel's finisher). Hogan then flips him over and hits the referee in the process. The two recover and Bockwinkel puts the sleeper on again. Hogan backs into the turnbuckles hitting the referee a second time. Bockwinkel puts on a third sleeper and Hogan flips him over the top rope to escape. After Hogan revives the referee, he catches Bockwinkel with a suplex to bring him back into the ring. He hits the legrop and gets the pin.

The crowd went nuts as Hogan held the AWA Championship in the ring for about two minutes. Then, ring announcer Gene Okerlund told the crowd that AWA President Stanley Blackburn ruled that Hogan was automatically disqualified for throwing Bockwinkel over the top rope (a common old school rule). The belt was returned to Bockwinkel and the crowd pelted the ring with garbage.

The third match is Hogan beating the Iron Shiek on 1/23/84 for the WWF Championship.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:48 PM

The rest of the Hogan show had Hogan vs. Piper (War to Settle the Score from MTV), the main events from the first three WrestleManias and Hogan vs. Orndorff from CNE Stadium in Toronto (crowd of about 70,000). I believe all of this is on DVD.

I'm now watching a weekly episode of World Class Chmapionship Wrestling form November of 1982. It's introduced by Michael Hayes and Kevin Von Erich. At this point, the Von Erich-Freebird feud hadn't started. It was still a month away. I'd love to be able to watch it week-by-week over the coming months. In this particular episode, the Hayes and Gordy are in a tag team match as faces. An announcer said "Freebird Fantasia is alive and well".

This episode builds up the Kerry Von Erich - Ric Flair match on Christmas, 1982. That match can be seen in DonkeyKongSr's thread. Both Kerry and Flair do interviews about Flair allegedly putting up a bounty to injrue Kerry. The Great Kabuki did indeed "injure" Kerry shortly before this episode.

During the introduction Hayes and Kevin talk about David Von Erich and Terry Gordy.

I'm going to be watching this stuff non-stop all week.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:42 PM

For you old NWA fans, WWE 24/7 is showing mid-1985 episodes of TBS's World Championship Wrestling.

The Four Horsemen have not yet been formed. That should be about six months away based on the episode I'm watching right now. The Rock 'n' Roll Express just won thier first NWA world tag team titles (from the Koloffs). And, it seems the Midnight Express are fairly new to the NWA.

Dusty Rhodes vs. Tully Blanchard is a top feud right now. Dusty just won the TV title and the services of Baby Doll (who was seen cleaning out horse stables).

Magnum T.A. is currently the U.S. champion.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:45 PM

I'm really looking foward to watching a lot of the manager specials in April. In particular, I want to see old clips of the Grand Wizard.

Right now, I'm watching an episode of Tuesday Night Titans for the first time in about twenty years. TNT was the first WWF primetime show on the USA Network. The highlight of the show was probably the Fuji Bandito skit.