Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 10-28-2006, 10:11 AM

Default Re: *s

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's important for someone to know why they got a *.

[/ QUOTE ]

For sure.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:33 PM

BBV thread where users are hating on the star system. As you can see, it bugs certain posters to no end when they get a star. I have no idea why it's such a wonderful thing for users to look negatively upon 2plus2.

--There's no reason stars can't be done privately in the user notes with pm's to users. Barring that reasonable idea, if a user with some history here at 2p2 complains about his star, yet it is deemed that he should keep his star, he should have a default title reissued and the star can go in the user notes. Keep public branding stars for dumb n00bs and egregious errors by established users.

--Someone in that thread mentions independent arbitration as a means to have a users voice heard. Interesting idea (yeah I know, internet--serious business, but interesting nonetheless).

--Petty douche moves by OOT mods reflect badly upon all 2p2 mods. Users think we are all powermad.

Pic to big, star, shut up and deal, no recourse.
You mention star, star, shut up and deal, no recourse.

--it should take alot more than a missized pic for a user who already has a custom title to get a star.

aj
Old 10-28-2006, 02:39 PM

As I posted in the BBV thread, I thought that users who were infrequent OOT posters, who have custom titles, could have the *s moved to their user notes (not removed, just moved), and their custom titles returned. I'm pretty sure this has been done before. I kinda thought that was the standard.

c
Old 10-28-2006, 02:52 PM

you mean the thread where the same "quality" poster advocates some gay forum war? seriously who cares what he thinks. the fact that *'s piss people off so much is a good reason to keep them.

i suggest the following solution. someone bitches about their *, they have it removed and are promptly exiled from OOT for good
Old 10-28-2006, 03:05 PM

Great idea AJ, we should reward the people who are too stupid to follow the rules and then bitch about their stupidity.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:14 PM

nick,

i think aj's point is more "great idea aj, perhaps we shouldn't try to ruin a user's enjoyment of the site because they [censored] up in oot, because while oot is very popular it's not the only forum here."

c
Old 10-28-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great idea AJ, we should reward the people who are too stupid to follow the rules and then bitch about their stupidity.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this attitude is why people think some OOT mods are power hungry douches. You look at 2p2 users as people too stupid to follow the rules.

Users make mistakes. And, as is the case with alot of these stars, they make small minor inconsequential mistakes in ignorance. This isn't stupidity or intentionally trying to be a moron. Without the posters there is no 2p2. And you guys seem more than happy to ostracize users. Which carries over into other forums outside of OOT.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Users make mistakes. And, as is the case with alot of these stars, they make small minor inconsequential mistakes in ignorance. This isn't stupidity or intentionally trying to be a moron. Without the posters there is no 2p2. And you guys seem more than happy to ostracize users. Which carries over into other forums outside of OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

I also want to mention that since title changes are Mod decisions, given the new rules in place... it would seem that there should be no more *'ing of users with custom titles!
Old 10-28-2006, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also want to mention that since title changes are Mod decisions, given the new rules in place... it would seem that there should be no more *'ing of users with custom titles!

[/ QUOTE ]

...wondered about this myself. If OOT doesn't trump all other strat forums, maybe the user note *'s are sufficient for those already w/custom titles.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:49 PM

again its very simple, if someone has a problem with the * system then they can simply not post in OOT, the software now allows this to be enforced. by posting in OOT, they are agreeing to the terms of use, just as they are in the lounge when it comes to avatars, etc.