Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 12-01-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: $10 JJ facing shove and call @15/30

[ QUOTE ]
this is actually a little closer than most people seem to be thinking, but id likely still fold without read. How the two active players lost chips is very relevant. It also may be worth sharkscoping one or both of them in-game if possible. I'd also have raised pf the first time, and I'm not folding QQ in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerstars have now added sharkscope to their banned list of programs and sites so you can't do that ingame anymore without receiving a nasty email from them warning you.
FWIW I did make the call and was shown over cards by both players,the guy in early position had KQs and the other guy AQ or AK,so my read was pretty much okay that I might be ahead here.I think at these small buy ins people shoving with premium pairs is quite rare and normally means AK and similar,and also 77-TT maybe.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:45 PM

pretty easy fold, im pretty big headed and think im better than the majority of the field at the 6.50s where i play and can almost certainly get my money in better. why race this early.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:17 PM

I think best case scenario is you having to deal with two overcards, otherwise you are gonna have 3 overcards or an overpair to deal with. I don't think our equity is very good here.