Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you aware that this act was "piggybacked" onto another bill named the Safe Port Security Act?
Yes 36 92.31%
No 3 7.69%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: SSNL [cheese] thread: OCT 2 (nc)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In Gold's case it should be obscenely obvious that he's just a fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive been told that although he sucked terribly right after his win, he has since gotten much better. he learned how to use his image and improved his play at the same time. there was a 100/200 game going during the wsop that i was told he was a winner at.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of this is evident on HSP.

As Gabe put it:

"You know, any player that wants to be the best bluffer in the history of poker should really learn to VALUE BET every once in a while."

So true, and I lololol'ed all day long. He's like the worst hand-reader I've ever seen.

In addition there were some obvious spots where you could tell that HE thought he had a monster, but his hand was marginal at best. Like when he "slowplayed" his pair+flush draw on the flop (vs. the guy betting into 5 players....GEE, WONDER IF THAT GUY HAS TOP PAIR?) and then went nuts on the blank turn. He really thought that he had a monster on the turn; he wasn't semi-bluffing.

Mostly in this season, Gold won a lot of money playing vs. bad cash game players (Eli, Gold, Mike Baxter, That rich guy with the baseball cap). Every single pot he played with Doyle he got ridiculously pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]

im just relaying what ive heard from some pretty reliable sources. i've only seen one ep of HSP this season so far and im pretty sure he's a winner in that game. but most highstakes games have some super fish or w/e.

edit: and with regards to his getting pwned in every pot with doyle, who doesnt get pwned by doyle. doyle being better than you doesnt make you a fish in the slightest

since ive spoken so much on poker, i just wanna say that i had an awesome class. the former chairmen of the black panthers spoke to us for an hour. ok, time to dress up like a priest!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:15 PM

1000 hands breakeven didn't change my October results...

Old 10-31-2007, 09:54 PM

Good start to tonight.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $197
BTN: $200
SB: $169.85
Hero (BB): $310.10
UTG: $368.90
MP: $402.80

Pre-Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $2, 3 folds, SB calls $1, Hero checks

Flop: ($6) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, UTG calls $4, SB folds

Turn: ($14) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, UTG calls $10

River: ($34) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $26</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $112</font>, Hero calls $86

Results: $258 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero mucked 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, Ten high) and LOST (-$128 NET)
UTG showed A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, Ace high) and WON $255 (+$127 NET)
Closed Thread