Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: 200nl- AA min checkraised

[ QUOTE ]
My thoughts are this. The flat call on the flop to me eliminates any pocket 10 or higher, however 33 or 66 would be in his range. Further the min raise on the flop I think is more a play to see what you have. I personally would think or atleast myself slowplay the flop with the set. Min raise to me more looks like a viable draw or single pair. I personally feel you need to re raise the min raise to see if you can get a further read on the vilans hand. I dont like allowing him to catch/paying him off the next two streets. Play back at him then react from there. I think however under these circumstances your a winner on this hand more often then not(considering his betting).

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you actually seen the villain's stats?

1. He can easily not raise TT from the SB given he has only 8 PFR and 1 agg
2. Doubt he is min-raising a draw given he has 1 agg

If you raise here you are pushing out all the hands you could extract value from ...
Old 10-02-2007, 11:15 AM

Alright, let me clarify some things. I just have made my return to cash games, never used poker tracker or any other tool to keep statistics on players. I have played the last 5 days, 9 tabling 1/2, nd 2/4. I garner my plays from what I establish from table image/betting. Has always worked for me. I am up just over 3k since my return. I personally hate AA. I, unless in first position raise the [censored] out of AA. To many times players like me are trying to crack ur aa and people just never fold it. With that being said, I play AA to make money here and now. I dont like forgoing position in this scenario. However if you have a read on a player, then by all means do as you please. I will everytime re raise, but I am arrgo on these tables. With that being said what does 8 pfr stand for and 1 agg.

You play AA like this I will make moniesssssss.

Fitz n Ice...fear me if Im at your table
Old 10-02-2007, 11:19 AM

Fitz, I think I speak for many in saying you sound like a tool.

If you put in the 3-bet on the flop, the hands you're ahead of will tend to fold. The hands you're behind will tend to call or push. Do you have any thoughts on this state of affairs?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:36 AM

Why am I tempted to minraise him back here? And I'm not kidding. I don't think he folds a lot of weak 10s or like 88/99...it gives a draw odds to continue but so does calling. Since we don't really like shoving because it usually gets called by only better (though this isn't a certainity especially by how this guy plays) I think it's one of our better options.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:44 AM

Of course I would like to comment. First off before I decide what to do after I get min raised, I will need to make a determination of would I am going to do here shall I flat call. I personally dont see a min raise on a standard 8 pre flop bet then a continuation 15 with a set. I am more inclined to min raise here with a flopped pair/draw. I mean you are UTG making a raise he doesnt re pop just flat calls from sb. I personally would think 10 10 might throw a raise from the sb here. I do envision its possible to see a 33 or 66.

My real point is this though. How deep are you planning to take the AA with this guy. I mean seeimingly a harmless flop to a min raise. Suppose flat call, now 7 comes on turn. He leads out 25 I believe it was, now what do you do. You flat call again? raise? Folding unless a sick read, I dont think is possible. Say you raise though and he folds you extracted and extra 25 bucks. However, the 7 not a terrible card potentially for a draw could lead to more outs and a call or even more so you were already beat and he pushes you. Now however villan has more information on you and more outs to work with potentially. You gave him the ability to get the most for his money is this regard. Dont get me wrong there are many times this will work however you will get yourself in trouble often as well.

Without knowing anythign about this villian I will stick to 3 betting this flop. Taking is 30 bucks and being happy. Granted there will be times you get repopped on your raise and lose however I think, I would would feel better dropping a re pop. I am agressive though on the average so thats how I am to play.

My explantions will get better, I have never as you can see written out my explantions of hands, merely discuss by speaking. I am getting involved for I think it will help me move up limits where I need to be more fundementally sound. Appreciate the critiscm, keeps me from being bored at work.

Fitz n Ice