Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 06-21-2007, 02:35 AM

Default River advice

I know I didnt raise preflop, but villian wont fold if he hits anything (Anything meaning 2nd pair as well as two pair/set) so not much point in raising since I would still have river decision.
I have 9000 chips villian has 18k blinds 150/300.
In bb I get Kc3cKd4s. SB calls. all others folded.

Flop is Kh3h9s

I bet 500. villian calls

Turn is 4d.
I bet 1300. villian calls

River is 7d.

Villian bets 4200 (pot). Your advice?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:44 AM

Default Re: River advice

Ok, I think we both are drunk

2) I hope this is a MTT

7) Your is pos with KKxx and flop nuts.

Q) The turn still leaves you with the nuts and you bet.

.com) River brings straight to ONLY one hand 56xx and you ask what to do. RAISE. Stack off here, you have little to no chips left, if he hit runner runner, well hes better than you. you cant fold here imo and your so low on stacks might as well make this your last stand. Sure you lose to 56xx w/ heart draw tho. GG
Old 06-21-2007, 03:09 AM

Default Re: River advice /spoiler

This is a MTT. I have 6-7k left come river. Which is well below average. But still means 20+ BB so I can play a few more hands, but yes this pot is pretty important. Does it matter much that villian woke up on river. His calling range was very wide. A common occurance in MTT play. He had 6h5h6stc
Old 06-21-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I think we both are drunk

2) I hope this is a MTT

7) Your is pos with KKxx and flop nuts.

Q) The turn still leaves you with the nuts and you bet.

.com) River brings straight to ONLY one hand 56xx and you ask what to do. RAISE. Stack off here, you have little to no chips left, if he hit runner runner, well hes better than you. you cant fold here imo and your so low on stacks might as well make this your last stand. Sure you lose to 56xx w/ heart draw tho. GG

[/ QUOTE ]

AHAHAH I NEED TO START READING OMAHAHAHA STRAT FORUMS MORE OFTEN.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:53 PM

Raising the river would definitely be bad. I don't think that just because it's a tournament, you need to raise when you're either against the nuts or a bluff.

Anyway, I can't really say whether call or fold is right on the river without any read on how villian plays. The problem is that the river's a weak enough scare card that most players won't try to bluff it as opposed to a diamond or something, but a call could still be OK against the right player. Read-dependent.

What I don't like however, is your passivity throughout the hand. Preflop, I don't care if villian plays loose, you've got a very good hand and you're in position. You need to raise here. Also, I think these boards are draw-heavy enough that unless you've got some specific metagame strategy where you like to bet 3/4 pot to steal all the time, you really should just be potting the whole way. If I'm playing this hand, I don't have a decision on the river since I only have 900 chips left if villian calls me down.