Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 02-24-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Question from mod forum: homosexuality + retardation

[ QUOTE ]
This is interesting but isn't definitive IMO. The more older brothers you have, the more you get the **** kicked out of you. This has to have an effect on your social development. Hanging out playing dolls with the neighberhood girls>getting pummeled by your brothers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, playing with dolls will turn you gay. WTF, it is evident that these people are different from their behavior at like age 2.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i didn't even realize retarded people had sex, guess that shows how out of touch i am

[/ QUOTE ]

They are one of the biggest victim groups of sexual assault.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is interesting but isn't definitive IMO. The more older brothers you have, the more you get the **** kicked out of you. This has to have an effect on your social development. Hanging out playing dolls with the neighberhood girls>getting pummeled by your brothers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, playing with dolls will turn you gay. WTF, it is evident that these people are different from their behavior at like age 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Many people don't "come out" even to themselves until puberty or well past.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read this to mean that [censored] was implying that a predisposition to homosexuality might be genetic,

Its entirely possible that I am missing the point. But I was trying to say that I do not believe that homosexuality is solely genetic, or something one is "born with", but instead may also be a result of behavioral factors.

Which is the right answer? Could be both, could be neither...I don't think anybody knows for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you seem to have a fairly firm opinion on this topic... based on what, exactly?

Are you citing some studies or ancedotal evidence for your assumtion about the environmental effects?

What behavioral factors do you believe influence sexuality preferences?
Old 02-27-2007, 02:10 AM

My father is a very qualified geneticist of over 30 years. He has a PHD, tenor, oversees several lab heads in the genetics department at a major pharmaseutical company, etc.

His opinion of the subject of the genetic basis of homosexuality is that there are genetic factors, but certainly no one or even few genes that determines whether someone is homosexual.

Even fruit flys can display homosexual behavior, and this is triggered from genetic alterations that vary GREATLY. In other words, there are many many sets of genes that can be altered in many ways to achieve this effect, and with an environment trigger (such as a specific change in the food given to the flys) the flies will nearly always show homosexual behavior. To clarify, they basically lose interest in the female flies and mating, even though they are capable of reproduction.

Despite being vastly more complex organisms, we are very similar to fruit flys on a genetic level. Like for most traits, a huge number of genes and alleles influence whether a person will have homosexual tendencies. No one is born gay in the sense that they are always going to be attracted to men and not women. It is more of a genetic predisposition towards it based upon a number of genes, and is still largely determined and "decided", if you will, by environmental factors.

This is a pretty general interpretation without many facts, and you can't draw many conclusions from it. If people are interested I can ask my dad for more information on the subject. I haven't gotten any further in genetics than AP Biology and the occasional slide show he has shown me, heh.

and f the mod who gave me a star for my comment. Slightly more deserved than my first star, for posting "should poker be included on a college application" in OOT instead of "The Dorm", but still pretty dumb.

-Jeff
Old 02-27-2007, 02:29 AM

aren't most gays retarded?