Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-15-2006, 02:41 PM

Default Re: gaining weight...

SQUATS AND MILK!!!
Old 09-15-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't go to the gym and gain weight, it's going to go everywhere you don't want it, i.e. your belly and your love handles. You can't just start eating more and expect it to fill out your frame and give you nice biceps.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Get to the gym. I was in your shoes 3 years ago. Gained 20 pounds in 3 months of weight training, 5 hours a week. You don't even have to pull too much weight; your body will react to anything above normal demands.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:51 PM

Dude, please rethink this. When I was around 20, I was 6"0 and about 145lbs. I started gaining some weight by drinking and eating more. Trust me, it does not look good being one of those skinny-fat guys with a big stomach and skinny arms and legs. I then started working out and put on some mass and looked a lot better.

If you want to gain some weight and look decent, at your age just eat whatever, drink whatever, but get in shape and pump some iron. Consider going on that creatine once you have worked out for a couple months, it will fill up your muscles with water and you'll get bigger. That looks real good, but actually makes you less athletic for sports, and you have to drink a lot of water everyday (not a big deal).

Otherwise just let yourself naturally fill out. I remember wanted to gain weight when I was 20. By the time I was 26, it was the other way around.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:14 PM

ok, i wanted to see if i could kinda do this without lifting weights, only because i figure in the long run, i won't care enough to keep up with exercise. But, from everyone's advice, I guess that's the way to go. So i'll give that a shot along with some protein shakes and try to eat more than twice a day. Hopefully I can gain something...thx for all the help guys.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:08 PM

how noone responded to this awesome post is far beyond me
Old 09-15-2006, 06:12 PM

everyone seems to know a really skinny kid who does nothing all day and can eat everything under the sun, yet not gain weight.

but if someone is overweight, everyone just assumes that he does nothing all day and eats twinkies and pizza all day. what a joke
Old 09-15-2006, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, i wanted to see if i could kinda do this without lifting weights, only because i figure in the long run, i won't care enough to keep up with exercise. But, from everyone's advice, I guess that's the way to go. So i'll give that a shot along with some protein shakes and try to eat more than twice a day. Hopefully I can gain something...thx for all the help guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you're surprised that you're not gaining weight??
Old 09-15-2006, 07:34 PM

Quitting meth can aid in weight gain
Old 09-15-2006, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you're surprised that you're not gaining weight??

[/ QUOTE ]

well i eat junk food for both meals...so i figured some weight would be gained...
Old 09-15-2006, 09:48 PM

I have known two people who were recommended by their doctor to put on weight. Both were subsribed the same thing despite being in different areas of the country. They were told to change their morning eating habits. They were supposed to have one of those instant breaskfast shakes, and then eat their normal breakfast. Lunch and dinner eat normally. It worked for both of them.