Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2006, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Which Bluff(s) Worked?

Hand 1 I think might have worked, but I would REALLY have liked a slight overbet given board texture and how the hand played out. I think 1500 is very good here, its pretty much crystal clear he has AQ or AT, and as for calling that bet, it's the same hand for him. I think this bluff is fine, but a slight overbet is perfect here imo.

Hand 2 Is fine and I think he folded, although I would have liked a c/r AI from boosted here, haha. I mean obviously we can check behind turn here, and will do so some of the time, but mike is entirely correct in firing river when he's fired turn and got called here.

Hand 3 I don't like that much.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:13 PM

fsu, you took me off the winner in hand #3! I actually sniffed something funny and was so very close to RERAISING you on the flop when it got back to me - especially since OP took so much time to call. Oops did not mean to give it away.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:47 AM

mdma-

in a vacuum, an overbet might be best on the river in hand 1, but i so rarely river overbet, i think a good player like EM2 could pick up on that. also, i would bet about the same amount with AA, AJ or 44.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:06 AM

yeah I am with fsu here. I never overbet except against the most unobservant donks. fsu is the same, and I think Empire might be suspicious if he did.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:06 AM

I would guess the first two worked and the third failed.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i cant ever have a set or two pair or maybe AK here?

[/ QUOTE ]

these hands are definitely possible, even something with a 4 is in your range. i just don't think these hands are likely the way you played it. this looks like a hand that either flopped big (aa, jj, aj, maybe 33) or some weakish hand that got lucky and picked up something on the later streets. your utg raising range while wide, is not so wide that you are likely to have connected with a pretty uncoordinated board in a way that warrants three shells.

at the same time, your opponent is also likely to have not connected strongly with this board. the litmus test, in my opinion, is whether you think you can move him off of something like an ace with an unpaired kicker. against a strong thinking opponent who could dissect the hand, i don't think this is likely, especially since he knows he only has to be right about one time in three. i will grant, though, that it is in the realm of possibility that you could push him off an ace.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:17 PM

great post by the way. I like your play in hand #1 and #3 (although I know the results of #3). hand 2 is iffy in my opinion. ... of course now that I said that, I bet that is the one you won? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2006, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
great post by the way. I like your play in hand #1 and #3 (although I know the results of #3). hand 2 is iffy in my opinion. ... of course now that I said that, I bet that is the one you won? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

he could have won one of the others too, hand 1 seems way more likely than hand 2 imo
Old 09-14-2006, 11:59 PM

bluff bigger. like 2x pot.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bluff bigger. like 2x pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

gett your oqwn aestrats bitch