Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: The well: mrTEA

[ QUOTE ]
Daily shedule? Why arnt you loggign 12hour days and earning milllions whilst you can?

[/ QUOTE ]

I game select more than most of the high stakes players playing. Though when I started I wanted to become the best poker player alive (i.e. aba) its not as important to me anymore. I don't see durrrr, antonius, stinger, OMGclayaiken, and cts and think "damn I really want to play with the best."
The stakes also scare the [censored] outta me. Losing 20k hurts a lot more than winning 20k could make up for.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Life time profit?
Daily shedule?
How many hours are your sessions?

Also, Do you think someone can follow in your .25/.50 > $100 000 month in 6 months?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty close to 200k.

I've fallen into really bad sleeping patterns. I'll go to bet at like 5AM and wake up at 9 or so because I have a mandatory attendance class. I'll take a nap whenever I'm tired and play poker when I'm in the mood or bored.

I play until I start playing bad, I'm unstuck, or I start taking bad beats. Sometimes I 1-table 25-50, others I 9 table 3/6. It just depends on my mood.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:58 AM

lol by 100k month i thought you meant hands..nope you meant dollars..

stupidity aside, what advice could you give to me, a struggling 200nl ex-sng monkey.

opinions/thoughts/comments on light 3 betting in general?

how do you see the state of online poker in 3 years time?

do you like tea?

[ QUOTE ]
Advice on playing against a freguent 3 better..Both when I am in position and OOP..

[/ QUOTE ]

When OOP I tend to tighten up my raising range. To counter from getting too predictable I open up my 4 betting range, especially if I feel I'm going to get owned post flop. Also Try to balance your game. Though its not necessarily that important at ssnl, it's a big part of getting better (a lot of these ideas are in Strassa's posts).

There are quite a few successful players who don't really 4bet, but they're postflop game is A+.

In position I'll occasionally float if I think the guy is getting out of line, or raise the flop. However, don't immediately call all his 3bets with 67s because you saw CTS do it.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol by 100k month i thought you meant hands..nope you meant dollars..

stupidity aside, what advice could you give to me, a struggling 200nl ex-sng monkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of SNG players have trouble folding top pair hands on later streets. When you're about to call just ask yourself what you beat that plays this way and the action is often pretty simple.

Also if you're playing a bunch of tables, reduce them for awhile and make sure you're thinking through every play you make. Every decision you make in the hand will affect your play on a later street.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:02 AM

ok another question.

i get bored of poker really fast and cant log enough hands to get any significant results. how do i get over this so i can make some real skrilla?
Old 02-01-2007, 01:05 AM

How many underage kids in SD have fake IDs? Most of the people I meet in bars are over 21. Its wierd.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:05 AM

What do you think the most important skill a poker player can have is?

Any tips for an inspiring poker player? How to get better? Play more hands? Post on here a lot?

What are you studying in school? Why are you still going? I can`t imagine that you need to get a job after making a tonne of money in poker?
Old 02-01-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

opinions/thoughts/comments on light 3 betting in general?

how do you see the state of online poker in 3 years time?

do you like tea?

[/ QUOTE ]

3 betting light is important the higher up you go as it keeps you from being unpredictable. However, a lot of people take it too far (I did at one point). Since AJFenix's "opening up your eyes and your game" post though, the game texture has changed enough that I don't do it as much. Players have begun to adjust better to 3betting ranges and frequencies, even to the point of expecting a bluff more often than a legitimate hand. So of course, you have to adjust accordingly.