Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Cheating in Online Poker

And David "Toe Sucking" Williams
Old 07-26-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KneeCo, you obviously missed the tone of my posts, which is probably due to the way I conveyed my point. The last thing I want to see is Congress ban poker outright, but do you see why Adanthar + Gobbo = BAN? (I use their names to represent the two idea: (1) there's a HUGE problem and (2) there's NOTHING anyone can do about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pleaaase. Stop saying these things about two high profile posters who contributed a lot and are at least willing to gave you some insider information. Calling them names because they are not doing any thing is silly. They don't whether it would be fruitful? If you are really serious, create a good plan for both the sites and the people who want to help. Your efforts are more like a religious fanatic rather than a passionate leader who wants to lead people into a better world.

Two simple questions for you before I post any more.

1. What are the sites supposed to do? How do they enforce those policies?
2. How do you convince people to come out and talk out loud about these things? What will happen if they do? If not done correctly, this is going to be a huge problem with every one pointing fingers at every one else.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
KneeCo, you obviously missed the tone of my posts, which is probably due to the way I conveyed my point. The last thing I want to see is Congress ban poker outright, but do you see why Adanthar + Gobbo = BAN? (I use their names to represent the two idea: (1) there's a HUGE problem and (2) there's NOTHING anyone can do about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pleaaase. Stop saying these things about two high profile posters who contributed a lot and are at least willing to gave you some insider information. Calling them names because they are not doing any thing is silly. They don't whether it would be fruitful? If you are really serious, create a good plan for both the sites and the people who want to help. Your efforts are more like a religious fanatic rather than a passionate leader who wants to lead people into a better world.

Two simple questions for you before I post any more.

1. What are the sites supposed to do? How do they enforce those policies?
2. How do you convince people to come out and talk out loud about these things? What will happen if they do? If not done correctly, this is going to be a huge problem with every one pointing fingers at every one else.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? Where do I call Adanthar or Gobbo names? I simply am using them to represent the ideas that they expressed. Geesh.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I just happen to be in the camp that thinks writing an article about it is the absolute worst possible solution this community would want, because the uninformed "real world" that we all make fun of for not knowing what it's like to be an online poker player is going to take Paul's words and turn it right back on the entire industry, leaving Paul's intentions moot.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, just to clarify, are you saying that we shouldn't let the "real world" know what's going on so they'll continue to play and give us money?

If so, that validates the argument against online poker even further.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I just happen to be in the camp that thinks writing an article about it is the absolute worst possible solution this community would want, because the uninformed "real world" that we all make fun of for not knowing what it's like to be an online poker player is going to take Paul's words and turn it right back on the entire industry, leaving Paul's intentions moot.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, just to clarify, are you saying that we shouldn't let the "real world" know what's going on so they'll continue to play and give us money?

[/ QUOTE ]

read the thread plz.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All those putting out negative vibes against UCLA's position in this thread: Do you honestly care about anything other than the effect on your bottom line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you stopped beating your wife yet?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he's saying we shouldn't let the 'real world' know cause they'll never play online poker anyway, but they will get it banned
Old 07-26-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, he's saying we shouldn't let the 'real world' know cause they'll never play online poker anyway, but they will get it banned

[/ QUOTE ]

This one sentence is more persuasive to me then anything else anyone has written in this thread.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:55 PM

*head explodes

love you funkii
Old 07-26-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent. i know i'm just taking up space with this post, but I had to give thanks nonetheless.