Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Professional No Limit Vol. II

[ QUOTE ]
come to think of it, if the authors dont play or have little experience at 6 max, then I would prefer it if it wasn't covered in the book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Flynn and Mehta prefer to play 6-max.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:47 AM

Here's a vote for NOT dedicating Vol. II to 6-max. I'm happy to see it covered to some extent, but please not the entire volume. Many of us are small to medium stakes B&M players where short games are fairly rare or don't last long before filling up or breaking.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
come to think of it, if the authors dont play or have little experience at 6 max, then I would prefer it if it wasn't covered in the book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Flynn and Mehta prefer to play 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]

well then surely there should be a section/ chapter on 6 max if one of the authors actually prefers to play it online.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Many of us are small to medium stakes B&M players where short games are fairly rare or don't last long before filling up or breaking.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter. If you play FR you're one of the nerds, not one of the jocks. So what you want doesn't count.

***This is the place where one of the "cool kids" berates you for your "-EV mistake" of spending a few hours playing B&M poker instead of multi-tabling NL 6-max.***

/sarcasm. DUCY?
Old 07-17-2007, 08:15 AM

it sounds like perhaps the book should spend quite a few pages explaining how poker is still poker regardless of how many players were dealt in and you still go through the exact same processes to make your decisions
Old 07-17-2007, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it sounds like perhaps the book should spend quite a few pages explaining how poker is still poker regardless of how many players were dealt in and you still go through the exact same processes to make your decisions

[/ QUOTE ]

No the people want starting hands charts and theorems, ldo
Old 07-17-2007, 08:40 AM

maybe a topic about what sng players should do to adjust well in ring game? I've been playing sngs for years and i find it very different from the ring games, but i don't know how to adjust. thx
Old 07-17-2007, 09:47 AM

I looked over the contents of Vol.1, and it’s possible I missed it, but might there be a part in V2 where you discuss analyzing your game for leaks in the most efficient manners? I’m not necessarily asking for step by step on the use of PT, or Holdem Mgr, but instead more conceptual, and the way a professional thinks about analyzing his game.

I want to analyze my game much more (because I have so far to go), but I am sure there are many things that I am overlooking. Also, I think that in analyzing my own game I learn to analyze others, and find ways to exploit their leaks.

Thx…
Old 07-17-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Vol 2 will help you understand (explicitly) how 6-max is different. We may stick a chapter in on how to adjust to those differences and adjust your frequencies if that's what is most wanted. But you stay have to play well overall to play 6-max well. Like the rest of no-limit, it's just adjusting the main ideas to current game conditions.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a whole forum that will eat up as much 6-max strategy as you are willing to serve [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]