Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Do all guys go through the \"chase is more fun\" stage?

[ QUOTE ]
"Only people of a certain disposition are frightened of being alone for the rest of their lives at the age of 26"

[/ QUOTE ]

And we were of that disposition, 'T0ne. We were of. That disposition.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:01 AM

I've never really felt like this, but I've never really been about the chase for its own sake, which probably explains why I'm so unsuccessful with it.

[ QUOTE ]
the knowledge and confidence to approach someone knowing they are going to like me and i wont fk it up.

[/ QUOTE ]
See, I've never had this; I've always felt weird about the approach, like something in my brain's wiring is busted and assumes they won't like me or will find me strange. Which is obviously absurd, and who [censored] cares anyway.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:02 AM

I'm of the mindset that I don't really want to get married until I am relatively ready to have kids. But I could see that in the next 5 years, so.......

My 30th last year is pretty much when everything started changing for me, as I thought I would be single until I was 40. Meeting a cool chick helps, obv.

Until then, rock and roll.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:47 AM

You haven't find the right one yet.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, ive always loved the chase, the thrill of accomplishment at closing the deal, the knowledge and confidence to approach someone knowing they are going to like me and i wont fk it up. ive been with same girl for a year and a half. when i first met her i had no aspirations whatsoever of having a girlfriend or being involved with just one girl. i dno what happened, shes just too awesome to give up to get back in the hunt. also, i dont see myself getting married until im ready to have kids, which will prob be early 30s.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much my story to the letter.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont see myself getting married until im ready to have kids, which will prob be early 30s.

[/ QUOTE ]

give yourself some time between. i think you need a few years to get over the adjustment of marriage before another huge adjustment of being a parent.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:24 PM

I'm 23, and I'd consider myself and my girlfriend to be more mature than most people in the world. Call this naive if you will, but we've already crossed the stage into wanting to get married. I'm 99% sure we are ready for it. And this comes after about 1.7 years of me thinking how long this will last. I had a breakthrough and can see the light. However, most people around my age, are definitely not mature enough.

However, I'm against marriage as a means for showing love, so the marriage will mean nothing to me other than making my girlfriend happy...ie. she wouldn't feel comfortable having kids or buying a house outside of marriage b/c of sick social conditioning.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:38 AM

Dare I give my advice? Okay sounds like to me you are tried of chasing girls and want something more serious. But you can't force a relationship. What you may want to think about doing is be more selective with the girls you are going out with because I get the impression that you go out with them based on maybe the way they look and don't consider all the other factors. There are plenty of girls that are fun to be with and beautiful, so be more selective in the girls you waste the time to chase and maybe you'll end up chasing the right one, and next thing you know you won't even have to ask this question because you will be in love.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dare I give my advice? Okay sounds like to me you are tried of chasing girls and want something more serious. But you can't force a relationship. What you may want to think about doing is be more selective with the girls you are going out with because I get the impression that you go out with them based on maybe the way they look and don't consider all the other factors. There are plenty of girls that are fun to be with and beautiful, so be more selective in the girls you waste the time to chase and maybe you'll end up chasing the right one, and next thing you know you won't even have to ask this question because you will be in love.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rereading for coherency.

VERDICT: yeah, sorta.

k, so if I read you right, you are advocating that OP prepare for puppy-love by narrowing his search field from 'hot girls' to 'hot, smart girls with great personalities.'

Well, that sounds like a very practical, easily-executed strategy!