Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Oblivious\' 50 big bet weekend Vegas project.

I'm going to Vegas this weekend. I will arrive Friday around noon, and will likely be staying at Impireal Palace with friends. I'll be playing at any combination of Bellagio, Wynn, Vencian, Cesars. Here's the plan:

1. Start with $400 (50bb) and play 4/8 at Wynn/Bellagio.
2. Try to double it to $800, at which point I play my free hands until I'm UTG then move to 8/16 (assuming I still have >$800 after my utg hand).
3. Move to 15/30 upon working the roll up to $1500 at 8/16. I'll go to Bellagio for 15/30, and possibly 8/16 depending on the games.
4. I will move down from any of the levels upon losing 25bb, leaving me with 50bb for the lower level. 4/8 is the only exception to this rule, since 4/8 is the ground state, and I dont want to pay rake at 2/4.

Ultimate goal: to run goot for ~150 bb and play one round of 30/60. This is obviously a very unlikely occurrence for one weekend, but should be fun to try.

If any 2+2ers are going to be in Vegas this weekend, holla. Trip report coming.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Oblivious\' 50 big bet weekend Vegas project.

Going to be in Vegas this weekend...see my post a few days ago. Wife and some of my family will also be in town for a wedding so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to play. Hope to play at least some 4/8 at the Luxor (where I'm staying) also some mid games possibly at Bellagio
Old 07-19-2007, 01:53 PM

I am doing something similar to this at turning stone when I get there the first night of my 10 days is doing a 25BB challenge and seeing if i can work it to 1.1k+
Old 07-19-2007, 02:54 PM

25bb seems kind of short. Extended stays require larger bankrolls, since the probability that you run bad for a large number of bets is increased. 50 is probably okay for a weekend. For 10 days id want 100. Do you have any plans to move down if you lose? How many bets do you have to lose before you move down?
Old 07-19-2007, 03:02 PM

Best of luck. Really, I mean it.

I just don't think this is feasible from a timing perspective. Once you've put in for a table change it'll be some time later and it's entirely possible that you will be underneath your threshold. After all it's not like on-line where there is immediate seating.

Hope it works out though - it would be awsome if you could roll through the limits up to 30/60!
Old 07-19-2007, 07:15 PM

I agree that it's not likely to happen, but i feel like I have the best plan for trying. Im going to have to run insanely good to get to 30/60, but if i dont get there then hopefully i move up a level or two. As far as the table change situation goes, maybe i'll just sit out and take a break for a while until they can get me a seat at the higher level. Hopefully I wont have to wait much longer than 15-30mins.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:03 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
2. Try to double it to $800, at which point I play my free hands until I'm UTG then move to 8/16 (assuming I still have >$800 after my utg hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are in a game soft enough to win this much, why would you ever leave?
Old 07-19-2007, 09:05 PM

Just because I win 50bb, doesnt necessarily mean the game is soft. It's likely that the game is soft, but I could just be catching cards and hitting flops, regardless of the toughness of the game. Also, who's to say the 8/16 game isnt even softer?
Old 07-19-2007, 09:08 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
Just because I win 50bb, doesnt necessarily mean the game is soft. It's likely that the game is soft, but I could just be catching cards and hitting flops, regardless of the toughness of the game. Also, who's to say the 8/16 game isnt even softer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go have a good time.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Going to be in Vegas this weekend...see my post a few days ago. Wife and some of my family will also be in town for a wedding so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to play. Hope to play at least some 4/8 at the Luxor (where I'm staying) also some mid games possibly at Bellagio

[/ QUOTE ]

The 4/8 at the Luxor runs only sometimes. The 1/1/2 NL game there is low-limit-NL heaven.