Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Well, this one got mixed reviews. Villain tanked to the last second and folded what I assume was his KK and I showed.

[/ QUOTE ]

well you got a K, and if you assume he folded KK and never an ace, then this can't be +EV because he's got an ace way more than KK, and i don't think QQ bets though of course it's possible. or you can do what strasser said and just make a smaller raise to get him off KK
Old 03-14-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Re: I\'ve Heard Good Players Do This

[ QUOTE ]
I dont like any street, honestly. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the turn. are you actually saying hero should fire again?

the other problem with this line is that if villain has a bad A then with the board pairing he just found a decent kicker, and if he's fishy then he will call with that.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:00 PM

Yea, I think once he gets to the turn the way that he did, betting the turn is +EV.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Well, this one got mixed reviews. Villain tanked to the last second and folded what I assume was his KK and I showed.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish i had the skills/balls to pull this off.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why I can't have 78, 67, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

was gonna say you are repping a 7. but you might check a 7 on the flop alot too, i dunno your tendancies.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why I can't have 78, 67, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

was gonna say you are repping a 7. but you might check a 7 on the flop alot too, i dunno your tendancies.

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter what his tendencies are. Against a good player, it would matter what his opponent THINKS his tendencies are, but in this hand even that doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that his opponent will not put him on a 7 here, so that's why it's worthless to 'rep' a 7.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:41 PM

qq isnt betting a full?
Old 03-14-2007, 04:18 PM

I like it.

Against an unknown taking this line, usually weak means weak, blocking bet means blocking bet. I think the only hand your behind that hes representing is AA and maybe QQ. And by behind I mean is going to call.

Honestly sometimes people just seem to cry out: I'm weak, let me showdown, and your job isn't exactly to narrow his range, its more to figure out whether hes slowplaying or capable of making a fake blocking bet to induce a bluff. Usually in this spot its neither and I shove, specially with the drawy board which lessens the chance he risks check/check on the turn. A lot of times a donk will donk out a 1/2 pot bet to sucker u in/charge draws with top/mid set imo. NH.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If we give him credit for a 3 betting range of TT+. AQ+, which I think is a good standard range for an unknown. He'll fold TT/JJ but I doubt he plays those hands like this, the river bet would make little sense unless he tried to induce a bluff in which case he calls the river raise. KK seems like the main hand we're targeting, which his line seems to fit KK pretty well although I think KK normally checks the river as well. Also we have a K in our hand so that makes KK a little less likely, FWIW.

So basically I think this is pretty bad, we get looked up by a lot of hands here given his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

i give unknowns a much wider range for small reraising than you do. i see stuff like KJ, KQ, and a motley assortment of junk a good amount i feel like

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I suppose an unknown might have a wider 3 betting range here than I gave him, but even if we added stuff like 22, T9 suited, KJ, we can basically eliminate those hands after he check-calls the flop.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:25 PM

just fold preflop man. You would have had he raised to $90, right? Its really not that big of a difference. E

looks like his range is pretty much AA/KK/QQ/AQ if you ask me, though I would think he has KK way, way more often than just hand combinations would indicate because I don't expect anyone to take that line with made hands on this board. I'm not sure that the shove works as often as you need it to on the river as I've seen players make frustration calls with KK here a fair amount.

If you're representing anything it is AK, though I doubt it he thinks you'd shove AK on the river.

I think Strassa is right that a smaller bet amount is probably better.