Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2006, 01:08 AM

Default Zelda: OOT - Overrated?

I've only played it a couple hours so far, but I'm terribly disappointed with Zelda: Ocarina of Time. In the "best video games everrr" post many of you mentioned it being the "perfect" game. Someone tell me what's so great about this game? Does it get better later on?

I loved the NES Zelda, the SNES Link to the Past, and even the gameboy Link's Awakening. I can't really say what it is about those games I enjoy, other than they are fun to play. I'm quickly losing interest in this one.

I don't even know where I'm going right now. I'm in a graveyard and given some hint about shining a light. I have no candles, torches, or anything to light up. I hate to use walkthroughs on these games, but I'm lost. I've already had to look at the walkthrough to solve some of the earlier puzzles. Too many of these damn puzzles... maybe that's the problem.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Zelda: OOT - Overrated?

Maybe it's overrated, but it's still an awesome game worth playing. Sticks = torches, by the way...

And yeah, I used a walkthrough. Got all the heart pieces. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And all the bottles...
Old 12-26-2006, 01:31 AM

I think it's the best Zelda ever, but at first I was kinda slow to realize how good it is. I think it's b/c I waited for it and the Wii for so long and heard such good reviews that anything less than like nonstop entertaining A+++ fun wouldn't have been enough. It wasn't until I had logged some hours on it and found the cool new weapons, sweet boss battles, etc. etc. that I thought it was a really good game.

also if you can't figure out any of the puzzles without a guide you're prolly just not good at Zelda.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:55 AM

Do you like switch/box/jumping puzzles?

If not, then you will hate OoT.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:57 AM

I loved OOT, I found the story line to be enthralling. Twilight Princess is horrible imo though
Old 12-26-2006, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's the best Zelda ever, but at first I was kinda slow to realize how good it is. I think it's b/c I waited for it and the Wii for so long and heard such good reviews that anything less than like nonstop entertaining A+++ fun wouldn't have been enough. It wasn't until I had logged some hours on it and found the cool new weapons, sweet boss battles, etc. etc. that I thought it was a really good game.

also if you can't figure out any of the puzzles without a guide you're prolly just not good at Zelda.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah so you're not talking about Twilight Princess, lol oops. anyway, OOT is awesome imo.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Too many of these damn puzzles... maybe that's the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think there's too many puzzles, then you shouldn't play zelda. Thats half of the game. Thats half of the zelda franchise. It's pretty clear why you don't like the game - just because you're not capable of solving them doesn't mean the game is bad
Old 12-26-2006, 10:35 AM

That's the trouble with playing a game for the first time when that game was released 8 years ago.... It's not going to have the same effect on you than if you had played it at the time.

Zelda OOT was an awesome game in 1998, it was groundbreaking..... in 1998.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:26 AM

Part of the problem with the puzzles is I'm not expecting to have to think about what I'm doing. I wanted to just run around, slash enemies, talk to people, and collect items along the way. I never gave the puzzles much thought - if I didn't figure it out within a few seconds, I gave up. When I figure out the puzzle (or have to look it up) I feel stupid for not figuring it out earlier. It's always been "duh, why didn't I think of that?".

I think another part of the problem is about 90% of my playtime with this game is while I am high...
Old 12-26-2006, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Part of the problem with the puzzles is I'm not expecting to have to think about what I'm doing. I wanted to just run around, slash enemies, talk to people, and collect items along the way. I never gave the puzzles much thought - if I didn't figure it out within a few seconds, I gave up. When I figure out the puzzle (or have to look it up) I feel stupid for not figuring it out earlier. It's always been "duh, why didn't I think of that?".

I think another part of the problem is about 90% of my playtime with this game is while I am high...

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you should play something like GTA instead?