FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is this trade legit?
Yes (Stupid, but legit) 3 50.00%
No (Save the idiot from himself) 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Likelihood of undefeated Pats

Capone
I will bet 10:1 at any sum of money that the Steelers beat the Pats. Ravens too. I will also bet infinity:1 they beat the Jets or Miami.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Capone
I will bet 10:1 at any sum of money that the Steelers beat the Pats. Ravens too. I will also bet infinity:1 they beat the Jets or Miami.

[/ QUOTE ]
If things continue at this pace and the Pats stay healthy, I actually think that 10:1 might be close to the money line for the Ravens game. Their offense is entirely mediocre, and they're barely above 0.5 with what has to be one of the easiest schedules in the NFL so far (@CIN, NYJ, ARI, @CLE, @SF, STL, @BUF).
Old 11-05-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But then the playoffs role around. They won't be 90% to beat the Colts with Marvin if that matchup does occur. Potential 2nd round matchups are Chargers, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cleveland?, Tennessee, but all will likely be at home against the Pats. I don't think any are particularly scary.

[/ QUOTE ]
The 50% (and I do think it is on the high side, but maybe not as much as some think), is obviously only for the regular season.

[ QUOTE ]
All these #s are of course if Brady and Moss stay healthy. Otherwise, I don't think most of the injuries matter unless their are a ton of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. And that's a big if. However, I think the odds of Brady getting hurt are lower than that of your average QB simply because he's so hard to get to. They're meeting some good pass rush defenses in the Steelers, Ravens and Giants though.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Capone

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangely enough, I'd wait to check the moneyline, but I would almost be willing to take 1:10 on the Pats v the Ravens. Baltimore blows.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:16 PM

ZeTurd,
The odds of Moss getting hurt are greater than most WRs. He has not played 16 games in three years.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ZeTurd,
The odds of Moss getting hurt are greater than most WRs. He has not been motivated to play 16 games in three years.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP to play devil's advocate. I'd say Moss is def < 10% to miss significant time with an injury this season. Brady, too. The Pats would be a favorite in any game this season w/o Moss anyway.

Man I wish someone had offered me 15 to 1 when I was peddling 20 to 1 a month ago.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:33 PM

I doubt they would be favored at the Colts with Marvin without Moss. Without Moss on Sunday it would have been a really tough game for the Pats. Rest of the way out your probally right though but it's going to be a little closer if Marvin returns to form. Then again, the Colts received a lot of favorable calls on Sunday and still lost, so who knows.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any of you idiots who voted over 50%, I will take 1:1 for any amount up to 5k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be torpidly tired right now, but if you're calling people idiots for voting 50% or over on the pats to go undefeated, you should put your money where your mouth is and at least offer 2:1. Lest you forget, the Steelers went 15-1 a few years back, and the Pats went 14-2, with one of their losses missing Corey Dillon, and the other loss-if they had been 14-0 at that point- to Miami would have a far less probability of occuring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you remember that Miami game (in 2004 I assume), but the Pats did not sit their starters. They seemed to have the game in hand when Brady threw 2 interceptions (I think) in the 4th quarter (one of them on one of the worst throws I have ever seen). I don't think that that is less likely to happen if the team is undefeated, and this shows the dificulty in going 16-0. Crazy things like this are all too possible.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:01 PM

the way things are going right now, i think the bills game (that's away right?) is going to be harder than the ravens game. the ravens simply cannot score on us. the bills at least have a few offensive weapons.

you can't hope to beat the pats with your defense if your offense is totally abysmal. the ravens will go three and out, the pats will come out with a possession-oriented drive and start wearing them down, rinse, repeat. your offense has to be able to stay on the field in order to beat the pats.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:09 PM

I missed a lot of this thread are people still laying 10:1 on the Pats vs Balt?