Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: ADZ124/Empire2000 softplaying????

I is clearly dumb. Pls to be showing the typos that "Minnessota" made?
Old 09-11-2007, 02:31 PM

Spork I read your post and thought it was the best post in the thread so far by a mile. Both good information and unintentional comedy...brilliant
Old 09-11-2007, 02:33 PM

btw to clarify, in a vaccuum, yes this hand can look suspicious, but there is no doubt i havent softplayed a single hand of poker in my life if uve seen me play a lot.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:38 PM

Roman, I dont think anyone is questioning how u played the hand. Your line looks reasonable. People seem to be questioning ADZ's non river raise if nothing else.

I can actually see the argument that could be made not to raise the river (U wont pay off many worse hands, and ADZ will get stacked when beat but will only get an extra 1300 or so when ahead AND called).

It still seems like raising the river is right despite that argument, what do u think?

By the way I never play or watch these games so I have no opinion on the softplaying and I assume u are telling the truth, I am just kind of interested in the hand.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:39 PM

cmon adz flatted, checked, flatted, flatted with the nuts. BS it isnt softplaying
Old 09-11-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Roman, I dont think anyone is questioning how u played the hand. Your line looks reasonable. People seem to be questioning ADZ's non river raise if nothing else.

I can actually see the argument that could be made not to raise the river (U wont pay off many worse hands, and ADZ will get stacked when beat but will only get an extra 1300 or so when ahead AND called).

It still seems like raising the river is right despite that argument, what do u think?

By the way I never play or watch these games so I have no opinion on the softplaying and I assume u are telling the truth, I am just kind of interested in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

im obv not gonna post my thoughts about the hand on a public message board, but adz told me something exactly like that on MSN
Old 09-11-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cmon adz flatted, checked, flatted, flatted with the nuts. BS it isnt softplaying

[/ QUOTE ]

Up until the river the hand can be easily rationalized, your post is kind of ridiculous. On the river he had the 3rd nuts, not the nuts...I do agree that a non-river raise there looks weird tho.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im obv not gonna post my thoughts about the hand on a public message board, but adz told me something exactly like that on MSN

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...maybe you haven't softplayed before in your life but you definitely have soft posted. this is redic, i don't care how much of a nit empire is. there's hardly any reason not to play every street different. people felt almost any pair in these games and it's 6 handed.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Up until the river the hand can be easily rationalized, your post is kind of ridiculous. On the river he had the 3rd nuts, not the nuts...I do agree that a non-river raise there looks weird tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's absolutely no reason to use pot control when u have the nuts in an aggressive online game. Why did he call preflop if it wasn't with the intention of underrepping his hand and getting aggressive postflop?
Old 09-11-2007, 02:59 PM

Meh, this doesn't look that suspicious, plus I'm not sure why they would softplay each other, if they wanted to work out some sort of collusion when they played together they are smart enough to realize there are better ways to do it than this (ie keep track of how much they lose to eachother on pokertracker and pay each other back at the end of the session).