Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Tricky exiting unraised hand...

I also like a c/c for all the reasons Spy Dog said. As well, I don't think I could fold to a iver raise if we bet and that would usually get a lot of money in when behind.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:00 PM

I think that most unknowns dont bluff the river with anything after we play our hand the way we did.
I also think that many unknowns call too much and bet too little (some people combine those 2 things and say unknowns are passive).

So yeah if villians is reasonable c/c river is best, but in my experience unknowns are donks.

If you want hands, I think villian calls river with 9x as well as some 7x and 6x, and checks behind with them. And I think villian checks river behind with a busted draw close to 80%.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:22 PM

i think turn is quite an interesting street that hasnt been mentioned much in this thread.

my preference is c/c

oh and as played i think c/c is correct.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:35 PM

Your turn bet is very small. Bet more on the turn. As played, I call the river bet. I don't believe that villain has made a straight.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not check-call the river? It seems weak but I think it's best.

After he raises the flop I would suspect he's either drawing or has 97 (and possibly a set). Sometimes he has air or a gutshot.

However, once he calls your turn lead you can eliminate air and gutshots. I'm pretty sure he's raising sets on this turn so I would eliminate those.

So, on the river he has 97, busted flush draws, busted straight draws, and T8.

If we check, I believe 97 will bet nearly 100% of the time. T8 will also bet. Plus, maybe he bluffs at some of his busted draws.

If we bet he will call with 97, so we don't gain any value most of the time from this hand by betting since he will bet it if we check. Also, if we bet he will fold busted draws and hands like 86. But, he will raise T8.

So, I think check-calling is the correct play on this river, even though it feels weak.

EDIT: I should also add A9/A7 to his range that could raise the flop then call a turn lead. Against this hand a check-call is certainly optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this thought process. Only problem is i want to shoot myself when villain bets for $20 or similar.