Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: No I\'m not leaving Your HU table

[ QUOTE ]
ohhhhhh, so you're one of the nice shortstackers? nm then.

[/ QUOTE ]

FSU for mod!
Old 08-21-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
leatherass,

Haven't read the entire thread, just giving you my .02 on your OP.

I've always had the view that it's unethical for just 1 person to ask for HU and try to give the fish no say-so, so I would say that it has always been fine to play in a 2 handed game if just one person wanted it HU and the other was cool with you playing.

Up until Stars added HU tables, I had the view that if both people wanted it HU, then it was the right thing to do to respect their wishes and let them play HU. Now that Stars has HU tables, this seems ridiculous to me since they could just go play on one of those.

I'm assuming you held your views before Stars added HU tables as well, since you sat at a 5/10 6 max table that I was at after me, the other guy, and 3 people who were sitting out asked you not to sit. That was just a dick move, imo. He ended up quitting me when we couldn't have HU, so basically you gained nothing while costing me potential earnings just to try to idk, prove that you didn't have to respect people that wanted to play HU.

Not an issue any more since the Stars update, but those are my views for what they're worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to let everyone know for the record that I banned myself from chat and also can not see others chat. I generallyclick on Notes tab so i can't see chat either. So I definitely didn't see what people were telling me. A few times I have obv. which lead to this post.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:36 PM

What was the deal with the few times you have seen their chat?

I don't understand how you "can't see others chat...but there were a few times you could."
Old 08-21-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously what gives with everyone thinking that they can just have their own little personal heads up match with some fish at your 9max table. I'm sorry but just because you sat and some fish sat doesn't make him all yours. If anyone asks me to leave the table I will absolutely refuse. If you want to play HU there are some 5/10 tables that are HU only or you can got to Full Tilt or UB. Does anyone disagree with me on this? Should people be able to type in, "Hey leather it's HU" and expect me to leave? And if I don't I'm a jerk? I mean I am posing this question as if I am the only one who gets asked these things. I am speaking for everyone on this matter actually.

BTW if this is the wrong forum I'm sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's poker, youre there to make money and playing against people youve never met and will probably never meet. I could give a [censored] less if someone asked me to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I have thought about it and I think that I don't really give a crap either. Go to FTP or UB and go to a HU table or a satrs 5/10.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:43 PM

Old 08-21-2007, 04:49 PM

Is it just me or do people care way too much about this stuff? We are talking about playing a game on the internet. If two people are playing but the site lets other people join the table, they can join it. Big deal. It may not be a "nice" thing to do, but it's not so bad either. Same thing with buying in for a short stack. It's something that's perfectly fine but a lot of people don't like it. Why bother even thinking about this stuff that you can't really control when you could be focusing on what's really important, taking money from suckers.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:00 PM

[censored] rich emos
Old 08-21-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously what gives with everyone thinking that they can just have their own little personal heads up match with some fish at your 9max table. I'm sorry but just because you sat and some fish sat doesn't make him all yours. If anyone asks me to leave the table I will absolutely refuse. If you want to play HU there are some 5/10 tables that are HU only or you can got to Full Tilt or UB. Does anyone disagree with me on this? Should people be able to type in, "Hey leather it's HU" and expect me to leave? And if I don't I'm a jerk? I mean I am posing this question as if I am the only one who gets asked these things. I am speaking for everyone on this matter actually.

BTW if this is the wrong forum I'm sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's poker, youre there to make money and playing against people youve never met and will probably never meet. I could give a [censored] less if someone asked me to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I have thought about it and I think that I don't really give a crap either. Go to FTP or UB and go to a HU table or a satrs 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

or you could not be a dick and not sit in the game.

What it comes down to is that, no matter what anyone says, its a dick move, and you are a douchebag if you do it. you deserve to be berated by others. This is pretty much a fact. whether or not you care about being a dick is up to you. why do you need others' opinions on the matter?
Old 08-21-2007, 05:54 PM

Depends on stacks and if both agree they want to play HU.

Imagine a live game, would you just refuse and sit when they say it's HU?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL you [censored] liar. I see you shortstacking at least 80% of the time. Before about 2 weeks ago, it was 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]