Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 03:53 PM

Default ($27) AK OOP in L2 against LAGtard

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP (t1870)
CO (t3500)
Button (t3910)
SB (t1350)
Hero (t1560)
UTG (t1310)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t120</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1560</font>

I was 13-tabling, but had PAHud stats on CO, he was a LAGtard (30/20 or so). If he were a tighter player, I would just call pre-flop and evaluate from there.

Too early to be shoving with AK? Or should I be happy to take down the 150 chips if he folds? Against a late-position raise from a LAGtard, there's a really good chance my hand is best, but I still don't want to bloat the pot out of position with a standard re-raise.

Also... in the next level against the same villain:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG (t1795)
MP (t2715)
CO (t3515)
Button (t1030)
Hero (t2980)
BB (t1465)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t200</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero ?

Shove again? I hate playing A-high OOP against LAGtards, especially when multi-tabling. Is this a leak of mine?
Old 11-03-2006, 05:29 PM

Default Re: ($27) AK OOP in L2 against LAGtard

bump? This fine or big leak?
Old 11-03-2006, 06:16 PM

I call first hand and play post flop, too early for push/fold IMO. 2nd hand I push.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:02 AM

1)
Hi, i really dont agree at all with your first push. Against a Laggy, just make the standart reraise...That should be enough. Sometimes i would even flat call and give him the rope to hang himself...If you miss the flop, you can fold. You`re giving Bigslick cheap away, but imagine the times, when this guy raises with AJ,AQ and he hits TopPair...I think its worth it...
I understand your argument for Pushing because of 13-Tabling, but if you dont have enough time left to play a big hand...maybe you should play less tables and get more value out of situations like these...pls correct me if i am wrong...

2) the second push looks more interesting, because you allready pushed the one before...Maybe you can get him to call with AQ, because Laggys dont like to get pushed around. But what if he makes his stand with a pocket pair and calls? then you gamble...but i would take that risk...

In any other situation a nice reraise (if you are ooP) should make the job. Lets make an example...Lets say he has pocket 10...you reraise and he calls...If any overcard hits the board he has a big problem to call your potsized contibet....If he hass Queens or higher you would go broke anyway because he would probalby call an all in preflop with QQ+...but if you get raised on the flop you still have a way to get rid of the hand...

I have to confess that i am a newbie here, so chances are good that i am talking bs...if so pls help me