Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 05-10-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Official Full Tilt Poker Response to Bot Thread

2+2,

I’m sorry for the delay in posting to the bot thread. We felt it was very important to thoroughly review the investigation notes and findings again before commenting and I should have just posted a quick message to let you guys know we were looking into it.

We were definitely aware of the importance of this situation and held a series of meetings to discuss our established policies as well as the terms of this specific case. While I am unable to discuss the specific details of the investigation, I will make some general comments.

We take bots very seriously, and for obvious reasons cannot go into the details of our policies, procedures and detection methods. Our meetings served to further refine these policies and processes in general terms, and also with regards to this investigation specifically. Having said that, if Full Tilt Poker Security confirms the use of a bot by any player, all accounts involved would be permanently closed and all funds remaining in the accounts could be subject to seizure.

After doing our due diligence in this case, we came to the following determinations:

• During the investigation we found the evidence to be inconclusive in supporting either determination (human or bot).

• After careful consideration, the evidence did not warrant the seizure of funds and permanent account closure.

• We stand by our decision. Having said that, re-opening an account after an investigation such as this one does not mean we have made an irreversible decision. We will continue to reevaluate this situation.

It is our responsibility to ensure a level playing field for all of our players. As evidenced by this thread, some situations are not as clear cut as they first appear and require additional refinement of established policies and procedures. We are working on additional measures to detect any activity that compromises the integrity and fairness of our games; this is of paramount importance and will never be taken lightly.

Sean
Old 05-10-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Official Full Tilt Poker Response to Bot Thread

[ QUOTE ]
We don't take bots very seriously[/b]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[ QUOTE ]
During the investigation we found the evidence to be inconclusive in supporting either determination (human or bot).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the whole thing where they have the exact same stats, play the exact same style, log on and off at the same time and even though they play more than anyone they have never played against each other once, it's not suspicious at all.

And the whole Pittsburgh connection thing, man that's just a one in a million coincidence! Wild!

[ QUOTE ]
After careful consideration, the evidence did not warrant the seizure of funds and permanent account closure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahhahahahahahaha.

Yeah. Are you at all ashamed of yourself?
Old 05-10-2007, 09:34 PM

I would like to see the T&C / Poker rules on your site updated with alot more detail about what is and is not allowed in regards to

- outside 3rd party poker software
- datamining
- automation scripts/tools
Old 05-10-2007, 09:35 PM

What a joke. I'm not playing at FTP anymore.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:38 PM

I'm interested to see where this leads. The evidence seems pretty clear cut to me.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:40 PM

TRANSLATION: They sent us their utility bills and credit card information. There is no credit card fraud going on, so we no longer care.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We take bots very seriously, and for obvious reasons cannot go into the details of our policies, procedures and detection methods.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm with you on procedures and detection methods, but policies seem like something your customers are entitled to know about. It would suck for someone to get money seized for violating a secret policy.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:43 PM

"we found the evidence to be inconclusive"

WHEW - that makes me feel better!
Old 05-10-2007, 09:44 PM

Sean - listen, I appreciate that FTP maintains a presence on this board instead of making an appearance to engage in glorified spamming without returning (a la Mike O'Useless), but you gave us precisely zero information with this post.

It reeks of corporate CYA-language, and was exactly the type of answer that posters in the long thread were dreading we would get. No one expects you to divulge your bot-detection techniques (in fact, I think i can speak for all of us when I say that we PREFER you keep them to yourself), but there were plenty of ways you could have expounded on this investigation in particular without compromising your future bot-security.
<font color="green">

If I may make one request, it's the following: you (at FTP) have access to every single HH played on your site. The most damning piece of evidence in this thread was the similarity of the many "sweatshopper's" stats which, although they may not be out-and-out bots, clearly (to EVERYONE) indicated some type of automation. Throughout the 1,000+ posts in the other thread, that was the one piece of evidence that no one -- and i mean NO ONE, not even NLnut's supporters -- could explain satisfactorily. We even had stat geeks post their detailed calculations showing how incredibly improbable attaining such uniformity, ESPECIALLY in post-flop actions, would be. I, for one, would be very grateful if you could tell me whether, looking at the unlimited HHs that you have access to and talking it over with the stat geeks on your end, could confirm for us -- and give reasons how -- individual players could possibly achieve that kind of uniformity. You don't have to give us any 'evidence' from THIS case in particular...I just want you, given your access to millions upon millions of HHs, to help this forum understand how those post-flop statistics could come about without some kind of automation. I think this is a fair and reasonable request, and one eminently within your powers.
</font>
Old 05-10-2007, 09:46 PM

If the evidence was found to be inconclusive, why were the account not closed? If there is even a small chance the accounts could be bots at all the accounts should all be closed and the funds seized. And wtf if the evidence was inconclusive then how did you determine that the evidence did not warrant the seizure of funds? This is completely rediculous that nothing has been done.