Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-28-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Firefly

[ QUOTE ]
LMAO @ Kimbell. That sounds fascinating.

I'm sure Firefly is a great show and I WANT a reason to watch it. So we'll see if that gets it done in the next few days. I have a strong feeling I'll love it but I'm just too lazy to give it a shot without a reason in my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just watch it. You won't regret it.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
western + spaceships don't interest me, which is why despite having it on my computer via netflix for about four months i've yet to watch one episode

[/ QUOTE ]
My mom hates everything sci-fi related. But I made her watch the pilot episode over Thanksgiving. She got hooked and went through the rest of the series in the next 2 days. I wouldn't let the fact that there are spaceships stop you from watching it.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:52 AM

Yeah just watch it. Forget about what you think it is about and realise that your preconceptions about it are likely to be entirely wrong. If they were correct would quite so many people rave about it?

For what it's worth I had the DVD set of Sitting on my shelves for months before I got round to watching it, and I should not have waited.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:42 AM

Lmao, fine, I'll watch it now
Old 11-28-2007, 08:07 AM

I'm not a big fan of Buffy, but I know plenty that are, so the raving about this (Firefly) pretty much went over my head. The movie popped up on my satellite programming so I chose to record it and ended up watching it in a moment of boredom.

I wish I hadn't waited so long too.

The TV series is even better than the movie, and as eviljeff says popping the last disc was a bitter sweet experience.

What I wouldn't give for the TV series to get picked up again. I believe the sci-fi channel showed interest, but Fox still owns the rights.

If I was as rich as Bill Gates, I'd have the head of the Fox executive that canned the show on a platter first and then bank roll the show myself... does anyone know if Durrrr likes the show? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 04:23 PM

You guys are killing me keeping this on the front page. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'd been through the grieving process, past the obsession, and here you are flashing Firefly in my face for a week.

Sob.