Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 07-30-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Sklansky concedes religious debate o rly?

[ QUOTE ]
for those who appreciate subtlety in humor, this thread is getting awesome. It's like i'm drinking a fine wine, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................ .

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 07-30-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was just brought to my attention by someone who follows such things that one of the posters in this forum "Imsolucky0", went on to win the FullTilt 500k guaranteed after taking the time to post in this thread.

It is, of course, convenient to dismiss this as a coincidence, but these coincidences add up over time, and for someone to deny that there is something more out there than ev is truly denying themselves the benefit of the real power of the mind.

I recall my best friend growing up, Jason Itzler, who while owning 900 number businesses and long distance companies, hired and kept on staff a resident psychic. I asked him if he actually believed in such things, and he responded: "NO, but it is worth 100k a year to me in case I am wrong".

Things did not work out to well for him as his website demonstrates, (www.jasonitzler.com) but that way of thinking still, to me ,is pure genius.

sheets

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 07-30-2007, 07:14 PM

I believe the universe was created this morning, in my basement. Calling me stupid, ignorant or bad at math is impossible because I say so. Clearly believing in a magical place of fire and brimstone where girls are sent if they sleep with other girls is logical. To disagree with me is bigotry because my superstitious cult is bigger than your superstitious cult.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:17 PM

I can't ****ing stand it when athletes/poker players claim their accomplishments were done: "w/ the help of God/Jesus, I was able to prevail, blah, blah........"
This directly implies that God/Jesus was rooting against the other players, thus proving these religious types are clueless and ignorant luckboxes.
Dunno, maybe Jesus and his dad are sitting on the couch, drinking brewskis, and flicking their finger toward the t.v. making Yang catch 4 outers on the turn cuz they like him better than the other degenerates.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't ****ing stand it when athletes/poker players claim their accomplishments were done: "w/ the help of God/Jesus, I was able to prevail, blah, blah........"
This directly implies that God/Jesus was rooting against the other players, thus proving these religious types are clueless and ignorant luckboxes.
Dunno, maybe Jesus and his dad are sitting on the couch, drinking brewskis, and flicking their finger toward the t.v. making Yang catch 4 outers on the turn cuz they like him better than the other degenerates.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, it is annoying.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It was just brought to my attention by someone who follows such things that one of the posters in this forum "Imsolucky0", went on to win the FullTilt 500k guaranteed after taking the time to post in this thread.

It is, of course, convenient to dismiss this as a coincidence, but these coincidences add up over time, and for someone to deny that there is something more out there than ev is truly denying themselves the benefit of the real power of the mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a bit late in this reply, however...

I was entered in that same tournament, so Imsolucky0's gain was partly at my expense. I figured he won and I didn't due to a combination of simple variance and that I'm bad at poker. I have tried to remedy the latter by subscribing to pxf. Apparently, my efforts were futile since it was perhaps ordained by God that I would lose the donkament.

Sheets, does this mean should I cancel my pxf subscription? I don't think I can beat the will of God, no matter how many poker videos I study.