Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Golf tilt, or, stories of huge retards on the course

[ QUOTE ]
Personal golf tilt:

There's four of us that play a scamble/skins match every year. $50@ skin with carry overs.
My side is down 4. We play 5-15 even. 16 was a short par 4.
The green is surrounded by trees with the pin tucked, I swear, 3 f*ing feet from the fringe.
I knock an 8 iron 2' from the pin leaving an easy straight, slightly downhill, putt for a bird.
My opponents hit right and short side themselves. Ah victory is ours!
The luck boxes chip in from deep rough. Okay, no problem, a tap in putt to halve. I let my partner take the putt. It's so easy I didn't even grab my putter when we approached the green. He knocks it 3 feet by. He said he was trying to take the break out. What f*ing break!
Geez, a guy's got to do everything so I go back to the cart to grab my putter.
I take a quick look, then decide to take a better look. From every side. I mean, there's 11 skins riding on this one putt. I start to hyper-ventilate. A fine tremor starts.
Okay, step back and compose yourself fool.
I do and proceed to power lip it.
Up up and away goes the putter. It looks like an F*ing Blackhawk as it gains height. Tilting ever so slightly it heads for the trees and comes to rest 40' up in a stand of black spruce. Cool.
My opponents are hysterical, my partner can't even look at me without laughing. And there I stand, down 16 skins with a $170 putter nestled safely in a grove of trees.
Shoot, that was 10 years ago and I still get crap everytime I play with those guys. Go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice story. Thanks for sharing. I want to hear more of these type of self-tilt adventures.