Old 09-25-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: 1000 push-ups in 4 hours

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wish people would offer me these ridiculous bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone can see your e-penis and know you're not to be trifled with

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he meant he wishes people would say they could do 1k push ups in a couple of hours. I think I am gonna try and trick my meat head room mates into bets like these. I could use some spare cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

no he doesn't, read his post above that one

[/ QUOTE ]

ok ... then offer me a prop bet > 10k.

[/ QUOTE ]

pics of your sculpted body obv dude

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-25-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
185 lbs at 5'8" is like really big for someone who is not morbidly obese or a NFL running back, it seems likely that his muscle mass far outstrips his stamina and this seems like an easy win for you...

however there is an issue here that everyone has so far ignored, it is my understanding that steroids and hgh have profound effects on muscle stamina and recovery; and as far as i know there is no prop bet athletic commission that tests for illegal supplements, if the guy you are betting against is confident that he can do this he may have a good reason for it

before the attempt is made you may want to bluff him with the threat of steroid testing and claim that positive results would void the bet in order to gauge his reaction, if the stakes of the bet are high enough you definitely want to lay the groundwork for an actual test being grounds for disqualification should he complete the 1k pushups

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok look, if he's on gear now and can only bench 185 for sets of 10, you don't have a damn thing to worry about...gear doesn't make you superman. If you just decided on this bet and he starts a cycle TODAY he isn't going to have enough time for it to make a difference anyway. Test prop will take a week to start to kick in, enanthate takes 2-3 weeks. You're golden even if he's dumb enough to run a cycle just for this.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I am just cynical, but when I left home to be a degen, my father took me aside and said "son, I'm sorry I can't stake you to a proper bankroll, but instead let me give you some advice. One day in your travels you will meet a man who will show you a brand new deck of cards upon which the seal has not been broken. This man will offer to bet you that he can make the jack of spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But you will not take this bet son, because as sure as you are standing there you will end up with an ear full of cider."

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a famous quote

[/ QUOTE ]

he knows and acknowledged guys and dolls at the end of his post.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:58 PM

This is very do-able... Basically 250/hour...
Old 09-25-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no way. even though its 6 hrs now, i still say no
Old 09-25-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious what the ideal ratio of sets/reps would be for this. E.g., why would he be more likely to finish 10 sets of 100 with a 20 minute break between sets than 100 sets of 10 with 2 minute break between sets (or vice-versa).

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no way. even though its 6 hrs now, i still say no

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize you only have to do 3 pushups a minute, right?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:15 PM

ill say the same thing i said in the other thread. about 2 weeks ago ny 20 year old friend who is probably about 170 and in fairly good but not awesome shape did 760 pushups in an hour and 2 minutes. he was only able to do it because of his strategy, which has to do sets of 2 with 5 second breaks in between. given this info 1000 in 4 hours is not a problem if the guy has the right strategy.

EDIT - if people do not beleive me, I am willing to lay 10-1 odds for any amount of money I have that my friend can do this, I will videotape the whole thing for proof.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious what the ideal ratio of sets/reps would be for this. E.g., why would he be more likely to finish 10 sets of 100 with a 20 minute break between sets than 100 sets of 10 with 2 minute break between sets (or vice-versa).

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody?

[/ QUOTE ]

its best to just do as many you can without expending very much energy ... say 2-3 (depending on the person this could be as high as 10 or 20), then rest the maximum amount of time you can. rinse. repeat.

1000 in 6hrs would basically be 3 pushups a minute.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ill say the same thing i said in the other thread. about 2 weeks ago ny 20 year old friend who is probably about 170 and in fairly good but not awesome shape did 760 pushups in an hour and 2 minutes. he was only able to do it because of his strategy, which has to do sets of 2 with 5 second breaks in between. given this info 1000 in 4 hours is not a problem if the guy has the right strategy

[/ QUOTE ]

BUT ITS 1000 PUSHUPS!!!!!@#!@#!@#!#@