Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 08:02 AM

Default Please fold u stupid LAG !

bb is loose passive, BUT is 100% capable to donk a diamond
co is 45 vpip 20 pfr 46 wts 1.8 aggro over 60 hands

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

bet river ? i think hero is ahead of bb quite often and co wonīt fold for 1 bet after calling 2
and what about the turn raise? i would also raise jt-kk so it should be pretty balanced
Old 11-25-2007, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Please fold u stupid LAG !

why did you raise the turn here 3handed, just call and hope your draw hits to get 3bet here on the turn sux
Old 11-25-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why did you raise the turn here 3handed, just call and hope your draw hits to get 3bet here on the turn sux

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly does. But even if you are absolutely sure youīre not getting 3-bet I see no reason whatsoever to raise turn.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:59 AM

When BB donkbets on a board-pairing diamond, it sure does look like BS. Presumably he had something to call on the flop, but it could just be a gutshot or some low PP he'll now get rid of, and trying to take it down on the turn doesn't seem so bad to me, and it helps a little that CO probably doesn't have so much unless he was slowplaying, he hit his flush draw, or he wasn't so sure about his Ax.

And those possibilities for CO add up to enough to make the turn raise hazardous, but there are potential benefits too, so it doesn't seem so bad to me.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When BB donkbets on a board-pairing diamond, it sure does look like BS. Presumably he had something to call on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I donīt think paying 2 or 3 big bets in a 5.75 BB pot is a good way to find out if the donker has a hand or not.
And why isnīt he donking the flop with a low PP that he can fold to a raise?
Old 11-25-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And why isnīt he donking the flop with a low PP that he can fold to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

The three-flush Ad hasn't fallen on the turn yet to inspire him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Anyway, I'm out of touch with how limit plays at the moment, to be honest. But that turn card is a big auto-donkbet card for many, many players in uNL, and I was drawing from that.

I do also recall board-pairing turn cards being popular donkbet cards at 3/6 and 5/10 limit about a year ago, too, so there is that.

Anyway, FWIW, I don't really put him on a PP. I'm thinking more along the lines of flopped middle or bottom pair, or a gutshot that just picked up a flush draw. But I guess a PP that picked up a flush draw is also possible.

Edit: Meanwhile, an Ax hand with kicker issues is also a concern, I'll admit.