Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

Old 11-14-2007, 04:17 PM

Default WSOP razz-hand in the September issue

How do you compute that you get more than 2.5BB EV when he fold's than if he would have called on 5th?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: WSOP razz-hand in the September issue

[ QUOTE ]
How do you compute that you get more than 2.5BB EV when he fold's than if he would have called on 5th?

[/ QUOTE ]
If the villain folds, hero takes the entire pot including his raise, which was 6.83BB. I meant to say "almost 7 BB" in the text, but somehow I missed that omission in the editing process. If villain calls the raise, then the pot is 7.83BB and hero can expect to win it 56% of the time. So the EV for the hero in that case is: EV = 7.83BB x 56% = 4.38BB, which is 2.45BB less than if villain folds. Sorry that I claimed it was over 2.5BB, it should read approximately 2.5BB. Good catch [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2007, 08:01 PM

I didn't point it out to be a d*** about it, I tried to do the calculations in a few different ways and the closest I got was 2.45BB. Thanks for clearifing and thanks for a good text, I just started to learn razz and are eager to read everything I can lay my hands on pleas keep 'em coming.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:51 PM

I didn't take offense at all, so np. If I make a mistake in math or conclusions in an article, I'd much rather have someone point it out so I can amend what I said. That way players won't be misled and have it wind up hurting their game instead of helping it.